QRZ to LOTW

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by WA0VLC, Nov 24, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. WA0VLC

WA0VLC Ham Member QRZ Page

This has probably been asked a hundred times but how do I transfer all of my QRZ contacts over to LOTW? Do I first have to create an account with LOTW? I don't think I have ever done that.
    Bob WAØVLC

MI0GTA likes this.
  2. MI0NWA

MI0NWA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yeah you need a LoTW account then you can sync it with your QRZ account.

3. WG7X

WG7X Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

First you do need to establish an account with LOTW: http://www.arrl.org/logbook-of-the-world

It is fairly simple, but: and this is important, you need to read and follow the directions.

Some folks think it is unnecessarily complex but that is because in the past folks gamed the system. This was way before computers and online logs. But because of past experiences with cheaters, the ARRL deliberately built a double-blind system that, while maybe not perfect, is pretty secure.

Why someone would cheat on a QSL confirmation and award system that only offers ARRL rewards is a subject for another thread.

4. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes. To have an LoTW acct YOU must create the account. That means waiting for the postcard via mail and all that. Have fun!

5. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

6. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

• First, set up an LoTW account with ARRL
    • Obtain a QRZ subscription at the XML or higher level; this to activate exports to LoTW feature
    • Open your QRZ Logbook
    • Click on SETTINGS
    • Click on LoTW Access SET UP
    • Click on Help and follow instructions to enable access
    • Return to your logbook and click on SETTINGS
    • Click on Export and Send to LoTW

N2IPH and WW2PT like this.
  7. MI0GTA

MI0GTA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

1/create LoTW account and PASSWORD, keep password safe you'll need it
    2/ in your QRZ logbook click on settings
    3/click EXPORT tab, this will create an ADIF file that will go to your email address, make sure email address on LoTW is same as QRZ
    4/open email and click the link from QRZ
    5/clicking QRZ link will as do you want to save or run, click save
    6/click save will open another window
    7/in new window from the dropdown list click SAVE AS
    8/clicking save as choose what you want to call the file, I tag it as LOG1 or LOG2 and so on
    9/log will be save on your pc.

When you have TQSL short cut saved to pc click that and wait for it to open
    when it opens click the file tab and follow on from there.
    DON'T TYPE IN A DATE OR A PASSWORD IF PROMPED but you can put a password in if you want BUT NO DATE.
    LoTW will take over the upload of the file and will determine any invalid callsigns like 1B1AB, if it does this click ignore and let it run on.
    once finished fo to LoTW account, sign in and look for YOUR QSO tab or YOUR QSL tab, click these and it will tell you if you have a matching upload from stations worked..

Very easy once you get used to how it works...

Good luck

8. N2IPH

N2IPH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

After getting LoTW and QRZ set up as above this has worked near flawlessly for me for almost two years now. I say near because there have been on a couple occasions glitches in the uploads being accepted by LoTW. Was on the receiving end not QRZ where the problem occurred. It is very easy, no file downloads/uploads required. Just click the button on your QRZ logbook settings page and you're done.