QRZ to LOTW - Error occured while signing log records.

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by N5QXP, Nov 20, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. N5QXP

N5QXP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm trying to upload my my latest qso from QRZ and I keep getting this message: Error occured while signing log records. In QRZ it shows I worked them on FT8 and I get the RR73 confirmation when I made the QSO's.

Is this a LOTW issue or a QRZ glitch?

2. EI7HDB

EI7HDB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm seeing the same thing, maybe they are working on the issue.

I'm getting the following:-
    Error occured while signing log records.
    0 records successfully sent to LoTW.

When I try to upload my cert I get the following error:-
    The LoTW Certificate/Key you provided is invalid.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  3. EI7HDB

EI7HDB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Whatever it was, it's sorted now.

4. DL3FBI

DL3FBI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Same upload-problem to me since Thursday. i didn´t change anything and suddenly it doesn´t work.

5. KE3LB

KE3LB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

same problem here for the longest time tried reloading cert tried all my passwords still ng

6. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

7. NH6RF

NH6RF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm having the same problem. Started on 9 Dec. I received a renewed certificate on 25 Nov. Worked for a few days than quit. I emailed QRZ who advised it was due to a "corrupt" certificate issued by ARRL. I emailed ARRL and just today I was asked what the error message was. Still not resolved for me anyway.

8. NH6RF

9. NH6RF

UPDATE. For whatever reason, on 22 Dec I was able to upload 3 contacts. After that back to the same problem. Intermittent problem on the server?

10. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

It is not an intermittent problem nor a server problem. Export/import operations that do not require a "handshake" with LoTW/TQSL are working; those that require a "handshake" with LoTW/TQSL fail, this is because the TQSL Callsign Certificate key you have on file with QRZ is not the current one (i.e. up to date).

You must provide the latest certificate/key to QRZ; refer to: https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.qrz.com/static/qrz/lotw_cert_guide.pdf

NOTES:

The successful upload (import) of 3 records did not involve QRZ and LoTW/TQSL interfacing.

Detailed report for wsjtx_log.adi import on Sun Dec 22 15:14:24 2019:

QRZ has completed the import processing of your logbook file.
    File name: wsjtx_log.adi (3 records)
    Destination Book: "NH6RF Logbook" (6102)
    Started on: Sun Dec 22 15:14:24 2019
    Finished on: Sun Dec 22 15:14:24 2019
    Import Results:
    3 QSO's were inserted
    0 duplicates were replaced
    0 duplicates ignored
    ------------------------------------

The failed operations involve LoTW handshaking. TQSL reports to QRZ that it is unable to process between QRZ and LoTW due to the lack of a valid TQSL Callsign Certificate key.

Detailed report for lotw setup on Sun Dec 22 15:31:39 2019:

Unsuccessful Certificate/Key Import for NH6RF.
    Either the key was invalid, or the key was NOT for the callsign associated with this logbook (NH6RF)
    TQSL Output:
    15:31:40: Callsign Certificate or Certificate Request not found for callsign NH6RF
    Callsign Certificate or Certificate Request not found for callsign NH6RF

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019