ad: MultusSDR-1

QRZ Service Update - Biography Pages

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Mar 19, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
  1. KP4SX

KP4SX Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for all of your support to the users, Vlad. Your willingness to help out deserves mention and thanks.

W0AAA and WZ7U like this.
  2. SV9RGI

SV9RGI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

yes remove thanks

3. UA6JD

UA6JD Moderator Platinum Subscriber Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

That is completed -

SV9RGI likes this.
  4. IU4APB

IU4APB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi all,
    I've embedded a custom google map with a visualization of all my QSO in my BIO, and after the "armageddon" it doesn't work anymore.

The code generated by google for the embedding is this:
    <iframe src="https://www.google.com/maps/d/embed?mid=157vdppxbqTgGpz4_5pgRqce1TYE" width="640" height="480"></iframe>

Any workaround or server side special exception-rule to get back working this simple iframe from google (so a definitely safe source)?

5. UA6JD

UA6JD Moderator Platinum Subscriber Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Sorry, no any exception at this time.

6. KR3DX

KR3DX Subscriber QRZ Page

In my opinion, there is no such thing as "a definitely safe source". Safe from what? Most websites contain embedded JavaScripts that direct your browser to Google Analytics, as well as to Facebook and Twitter, and possibly many more websites. Those sites track your journey around the internet, data-mining and building a profile on YOU. I don't consider that to be "safe". Again, this is just my opinion.

PP5XA, KG5QLS and EB1BSV like this.
  7. IU4APB

Hey Dennis, I apologize if I upset you, but I don't want to start a discussion about the privacy security or processing of personal data around internet. It's completely off-topic.

I made a simple technical question, without malice, and Vlad promptly answer me in a very clear way.
    For me, the issue is closed.

8. SV9RGI

SV9RGI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hello Riky ,what program you made the call sign and uploaded them to google maps ? 73 Giannis

9. IU4APB

I made a custom bash script; as input I use the adif file exported by qrz.com logbook, and as output the script generates a .kml

10. KR3DX

KR3DX Subscriber QRZ Page

Hello Riky,
    I am not upset, I merely replied to your assertion that certain websites are "safe". YOU introduced the off-topic subject in your statement, I replied to what I believe to be inaccurate, because I don't want other readers to assume that a particular site is "safe". Besides, this entire thread is all about security, isn't it? A lot of people complaining that their QRZ page is "broken" because the owners of this site want to make it more secure.

Last edited: May 21, 2018
    KG5QLS likes this.