QRZ Service Update - Biography Pages

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Feb 26, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

As specified in the very first post of this thread, the call sign area is off limits now.

W1MSA likes this.
  2. W7FTM

W7FTM Subscriber QRZ Page

> OMG! The security update from April 1st has reduced my page to its simplest elements!

For the folks who e-mailed me wanting to see the April Fools Day page, I posted a photo link to it on my 'normal' page.

Thanks for the comments and thanks to QRZ for being such good sports. ;)

73, Alex

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  3. WA6WGS

WA6WGS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

QRZ User Support Center Case #263481

Dear WA6WGS,

We received the following request from you:

Good morning, How can I get a .GIF animated file embeded in my QRZ web page? I uploaded the .GIF to my pictures, but when I look at the properties of the file on QRZ (in my pictures selection folder), it shows as it is now a .JPG. How do I get it uploaded correctly to QRZ as a .GIF? How do I embed it in my QRZ web page so that it will play. It works correctly otherwise. Thanks Ed WA6WGS

The support team sent the following message:

I'm sorry, I really can't help with page design stuff. My advice would be to upload a different gif. Or not upload a gif. Thanks for using QRZ.

73, The QRZ Support Team

Guess I posted the above in the wrong place. got a pretty lousy answer to the question, not even a referral to this post.

Just a simple question about uploading a animated GIF.
    Does the way the GIF is made affect the upload to QRZ?

ED WA6WGS

4. UA6JD

UA6JD Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, QRZ support animated images . But if you upload a too big file it divide it to each pictures and upload it. Your animated arrow upload fine , but when you try upload a big file with award gallery ( each picture 100+kB) - QRZ uploaded each image of award separate . Try reduce each image size and then generate again animated image . Before upload - look how many kB it will. The size over 1mB is hard to upload

5. WA6WGS

Hi Vlad,
    That is exactly the information that I was looking for. The file is over that limit. So that must be the problem.
    What the GIF contains is award certificates. Is there a way to compress a GIF?
    Thanks
    ED WA6WGS

6. UA6JD

I think no any way compress gif image. Really visitors can't adjust speed of animated image - much better using scrolling box (horizontal or vertical) - in this case visitors can stand by and read what your certificate about.
    Look to examples of horizontal scrolling box - XX2C , ZL2WL (awards) , vertical - XX2BB - the visitors data on the right , same script for images etc.

7. UA6JD

What about now - red callsign - is it better?

8. WA6WGS

Thanks Vlad, I will take a look.
    Ed

9. K4BYT

K4BYT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, much better! The red, non-italic callsign is way more attractive and easier to read.
    Thank you.

10. SV9RGI

SV9RGI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Good afternoon, Vlad to ask after the changes from qrz to my page at the end are different watches from these countries do not work there is something to do this or go in another form;
    Thanks

73 sv9rgi