QRZ Service Update - Biography Pages

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Mar 19, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-BCInc
  1. AG5GP

AG5GP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

As far as I can see, no bio's show for any page using the HRD browser and there is no work around that I can find. Very very disappointing.

2. K2SDS

K2SDS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Apparently - as we speak they are turning knobs behind the scenes. But if they had only notified us in advance, we could have gone in and pulled out the components that were being disabled, and tried to prepare for the changes. Instead we have thousands of pissed off people, some paying customers that are chasing their tails right now to repair their pages. And I would expect the flow of pissed off customers to continue for some time. Nothing against securing the site BTW- but wow not like this. You guys dropped the ball - Big time.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    LA9OCA, ZS6ZA, ON7WM and 2 others like this.
  3. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

There was no java script in my page and it is now totally messed up again. I will most likely just give up on QRZ instead of trying to have a nice page again.

It is very sad that it has all come down to this, I never had any so called security problems. To me it was all about having a nice web page that I did all myself and could be proud of. I was very proud of my page, nothing to be proud of on QRZ now.

73, Lisa

JA6XZS, M0VTD and NK2U like this.
  4. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder Administrator QRZ Page

Is there any chance you might ask HRD to update their decade-old internal browser? (HRD 5.x)

Also, if it works on your desktop browser, but not on the HRD browser, then it's an HRD bug.

We cannot limit QRZ to the capabilities of HRD, or any outside vendor.

NN4RH, W4POT, KR3DX and 4 others like this.
  5. M1WML

M1WML Ham Member QRZ Page

YES... like a lot of others.. I don,t think I will be renewing my subscription next time either... advance warning would of been nice..

KC4V, M0VTD and N6QIC like this.
  6. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I would ask for my money back, you can't pay for something then have it taken away without a refund.

KC4V, KJ1RE, M1WML and 5 others like this.
  7. SP9DLM

SP9DLM Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

It was a pleasure to watch feedback info on the globe from www.revolvermaps.com.
    I knew where I was heard and who was watching my website.
    Now there is nothing !!
    Some solution ??

KC4V, JA6XZS, LA9OCA and 4 others like this.
  8. MM0VPY

MM0VPY Ham Member QRZ Page

My page looks boring and has no appeal. Why would I want to subscribe if it no longer allows any privileges.

NO MORE MONEY FROM ME.

I think other call sign lookup sites will look more appealing. Anybody with ideas please forward the info.

Thanks

KC4V, M1WML, M0VTD and 2 others like this.
  9. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

No complaints here the picture of my shack that has been missing for some time is now back in the upper right opposite the call and name info that was a plus for me, thanks.

10. SP9DLM

SP9DLM Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Permission to put a mast on the roof of the house I got thanks to showing administration the site on qrz.com.
    Today, showing dead qrz.com, I would not have received the approval of the from of administration

ON7WM, M0VTD and N6QIC like this.