QRZ Service Update - Biography Pages

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Mar 19, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: l-BCInc
  1. 2E0XRB

2E0XRB Ham Member QRZ Page

It's amazing that this is only being fixed now...

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    N6HCM, KB3RHR, N5CHL and 4 others like this.
  2. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you for taking security seriously. The use of javascript is a security vulnerability that should not be allowed in any modern web implementation.

W2VW, W4POT, NN4RH and 5 others like this.
  3. YC6BDD

YC6BDD Ham Member QRZ Page

Hihihihii bergetaaaaar sudah barang kaka tu... Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

4. NK2U

NK2U Ham Member QRZ Page

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Horrible, Vlad made such a nice page that I paid for, now it gone!

What's the purpose of paying for a page and then not having it?

de NK2U

VP2EIH, M0NPT, KB3RHR and 5 others like this.
  5. OE3IDE

OE3IDE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi,
    I am not happy...please back to old design...my page looks bad now.
    At least please tell us which CSS classes we can use!!

YD2PRP, F4VSE, KB3RHR and 4 others like this.
  6. K2AMF

K2AMF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I had a single embedded link to a youtube video that demonstrated the use of a specific antenna in the field ... now I find I can't embed specific and helpful youtube videos? NOT HAPPY ...

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    KB3RHR, M0VTD, N5CHL and 2 others like this.
  7. NI4TG

NI4TG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The color was wiped out of my bio section in addition to the call sign area. Still.......I appreciate the value we get in designing our own page and use the site anytime I'm on the air.

N0CEL likes this.
  8. DJ1YFK

DJ1YFK Ham Member QRZ Page

JavaScript is what drives much of the modern web but it is not without dangers. Adept surfers use mechanisms like NoScript, uMatrix etc. to grant or deny fine grained permissions to sites to use JavaScript and many other features, keeping dangerous stuff away. Most people on the web don't do this, however, and therefore allowing embedding arbitrary JavaScript - even if it is just in iframes - poses a certain risk.

While there are many very useful applications that will now no longer work (HRD stuff was mentioned above; another is my somewhat popular RBN Activity widget, http://foc.dj1yfk.de/activity/), I can understand the motivation and rationale behind it. I will consider creating a version of my RBN activity graph purely with static HTML and/or graphics... but this should be a lesson to those who excessively relied on qrz.com to provide a certain function: If it's not your own website/platform, you're at the operator's mercy :)

WZ7U, KR3DX, AG5DB and 4 others like this.
  9. M3ECT

M3ECT Ham Member QRZ Page

I paid for a page design that is now ruined.

KC4V, YD2PRP, KB3RHR and 4 others like this.
  10. VA7STV

VA7STV QRZ Engineering Manager Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, I have fixed an issue that prevented our previously suggested method of setting the background color from working. This should solve your issue with no work on your part.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2018
    KR3DX and N0CEL like this.