QRZ Service Update - Biography Pages

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Mar 19, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Subscribe
  1. GM0OBX

GM0OBX Ham Member QRZ Page

total shambles. should not have been touched.

KB3RHR, N5CHL and N6QIC like this.
  2. VA7DHF

VA7DHF Ham Member QRZ Page

This sucks, lost animated flag, custom banner and QSOmap in body. Not happy

KC4V, KB3RHR, OE5CCN and 3 others like this.
  3. KF7WIS

KF7WIS QRZ CEO Administrator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi there Alex,
    The information and design contained in your biography section should be unaffected by the changes. However, with this new security update, the information shown above or outside the tabbed section will be restricted to QRZ Use Only. This means that styling, colors, background images, or other enhancements cannot be added to the part of the page that lies outside of the tabbed area. Sorry for any inconvenience.
    Jaime Jeffries, KF7WIS
    CEO, QRZ.com

IK4JOD likes this.
  4. W4ECF

W4ECF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

that was one of my favorite hobies also create personal pages not at the whim of others created, it is not fair for one who pays, I was thinking about uploading my subscription but I think that with this I stay where I am, you are the ones that lose
    I was definitely affected by the changes. Please restore Vlad's excellent design back to my page.

IK4JOD, KB3RHR, N5CHL and 4 others like this.
  5. KF7WIS

KF7WIS QRZ CEO Administrator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

We'll reach out to HRDlog and let them know about the change. Perhaps they'll consider an update to the widget.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
    IK4JOD, N5CHL, KN4XJ and 1 other person like this.
  6. DL8GBS

DL8GBS Ham Member QRZ Page

I lost the background color in the biography tab which I had installed using the expert mode.
    How can change the background color again?
    2nd question: What have I to do to insert a picture into the forums?

Andy, DL8GBS

7. N0CEL

N0CEL Ham Member QRZ Page

Unfortunately, JavaScript is a massive security hole that has existed for quite some time, so I get this. And, the only .gif I ever had (still have, thank you QRZ!) is the "DX Flag". Of course, all y'all disabled me from keeping/re-creating the gray background that a lot of folks complimented me on...I can live without that, anyway. The only "issue" is that most of my text is (was) "White" HIHI! I just spent the last 10 minutes converting it back to "Maroon" so visitors can actually READ IT! If there is still a possibility of getting the Gray Background color back, please let me know, either in THIS thread, or by email...Thanks!! (And BTW, I HAVE notices some things in my Bio lining up better...) I would have liked a better "Heads-up" regarding the security implements, but all is good...still enjoy the services all y'all provide! 73 Carl de NĂ˜CEL

N6HCM and KR3DX like this.
  8. LU5DTF

LU5DTF Ham Member QRZ Page

what a shame that my hrdlog sample and a reference map of google maps no longer work, a real shame

N5CHL and N6QIC like this.
  9. M6NAE

M6NAE Ham Member QRZ Page

DON'T FIX WHAT IS NOT BROKE... I DONT LIKE IT ..

KC4V, M0NPT, HB9VQQ and 6 others like this.
  10. M0VTD

M0VTD Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

my page now looks terrible! Thanks qrz.com for that. no more subscription monies from me!

KC4V, LA9OCA, IK4JOD and 8 others like this.