ad: M2Ant-1

QRZ::New Text Sizes Available

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Feb 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder QRZ HQ Staff QRZ Page

One of the nice things about our new software is that we can have different font settings on a per-user basis.  Some users have complained that the QRZ site font's are too small and so we've developed a large-font version of the site that is available to everyone.

To try out the new, large fonts, do the following:
    <ul>
    [*]Log In to the Forum as usual
    [*]Near the top of the Forum page, click on Your Control Panel
    [*]In the Control Panel, click on Account Options
    [*]Locate the Board Skin selection
    [*]Choose the selection from the box titled QRZ-Large-Text
    [*]Scroll down and click on Change my Account Options to activate.
    [/list]
    Also note that there are two other smaller font renditions to choose from, try them all!  The site will remember your favorite whenever you log in again.

-fred

2. KE4PJW

KE4PJW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hey Fred, I had a small problem with the new "skin".

Almost none of the pages would display once I changed to the new skin. It looks like one of the tables is broken. This is a common problem when using Netscape. (I'm using NS 4.7 on Linux, BTW)

The only way I was able to "fix it" was to log out, close my browser and edit my cookie file to remove the cookie that sets the skin.

I know it stinks when you get alot of negative feedback when you do something new. Thanks for all the new features, it's worth it [​IMG]

--Terry

3. fixitman

fixitman QRZ Member

I use Windows ME and Internet Explorer 6. You can resize your own fonts by clicking on View then select Text Size. Then you can select the size you want.

Steven KD7IIS

4. KE4PJW

KE4PJW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (fixitman @ Feb. 17 2002,17:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I use Windows ME and Internet Explorer 6. You can resize your own fonts by clicking on View then select Text Size. Then you can select the size you want.

Steven KD7IIS[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    If you do that, will it overide the font settings on every web page you visit, or just that single page/domain?

5. Guest

Guest Guest

IE users can select 'Text Size' from the 'View' menu.

6. N2RJ

N2RJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ke4pjw @ Feb. 17 2002,15:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey Fred, I had a small problem with the new "skin".

Almost none of the pages would display once I changed to the new skin. It looks like one of the tables is broken. This is a common problem when using Netscape. (I'm using NS 4.7 on Linux, BTW)[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I have the same problem as ke4pjw does on NS 4.04 on Solaris 2.6 (Sparc).

7. N2RJ

N2RJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ke4pjw @ Feb. 17 2002,17:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you do that, will it overide the font settings on every web page you visit, or just that single page/domain?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I think it does it on every page.  It works similar to the font size buttons in earlier versions of IE, Netscape, Mozilla and NCSA Mosaic.  Then again, the main reason people want larger fonts is because they have difficulty seeing the smaller ones.  Therefore, they would probably want to increase font size on every page anyhow.

8. KU4KZ

KU4KZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the larger fonts. John KU4KZ

9. fixitman

fixitman QRZ Member

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ke4pjw @ Feb. 17 2002,17:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">[​IMG]5--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (fixitman @ Feb. 17 2002,17[​IMG]5)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I use Windows ME and Internet Explorer 6.  You can resize your own fonts by clicking on View then select Text Size. Then you can select the size you want.  

Steven KD7IIS[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    If you do that, will it overide the font settings on every web page you visit, or just that single page/domain?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Unless there's something in the html code. it overrides the font size on everypage. it enlarges QRZ's home page but not the posts. so no it doesn't do every page.

10. KB2VUQ

KB2VUQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Fred,

The "new" QRZ.com looks great.
    As if it can't be said enough times,
    Thanks for all you've done for
    amateur radio!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.