ad: ARR

QRZ needs your help - LETS CATCH THIS GUY!

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by AA7BQ, Mar 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: DLSpec-1
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. WH2HAO

WH2HAO QRZ Moderator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I did that already..

2. WH2HAO

WH2HAO QRZ Moderator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

He is Romanian, He is from Romania.

3. AD4GB

AD4GB Ham Member QRZ Page

Fred they have been tring to sell a Kenwood 950SDX under my callsign here on qrz and on eham I have found out there name they are tring to receive payment by, momabernardi@yahoo.com her name is Jody Bernardi, or at least that is what is listed after doing a search of her web address. Please help me clear my name and call up. TNX Grady ad4gb

4. AD4GB

Fred they have been tring to sell a KW950SDX under my callsign, I have found her name (or their name they are operating under), it is Jody bernardi, she is tring to receive payment at momabernardi@yahoo.com please help me clear my name and call sign! TNX Grady AD4GB

5. AD4GB

Fred I have filede a report with the FBI, they will contact you at some point concerning the scam Jody Bernardi is tring to perform using my call sign and name, she has tried to sell a Kenwood TS-950SDX on qrz and eham please contact me concerning this.
    Grady AD4GB

6. K9XR

K9XR Ham Member QRZ Page

That sounds like the email the Scammer (Scammers) are sending to Folks that have "wanted" ads on QRZ. Fred said they use that phony link to Harvest qrz passwords. I guess it has worked more than once.

7. K9XR

K9XR Ham Member QRZ Page

One of the problems that pops up is how to contact the honest ham whose identity has been stolen. I have hesitated to PM them because more often than not, their QRZ account has been hacked. I hesitate to email them because more than likely their email account has been hacked as well. If you know any of these guys that are getting hacked, please let them know. It is much harder to notify foreign hams because the chances of someone knowing are pretty slim. When looking for a Scammer, I have found that even though it shows that their qrz bio hasn't been edited for a while they sometimes find a way to alter the email so it looks legit. AND REMEMBER: If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. People just don't sell $5000 radios for $1900, and they seldom sell $2000 radios for $1200 either.

8. KG7BGZ

KG7BGZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks.I almost gave up on everyone. While a new HAM, I am an old state/federal investigator that finds these problems easy to solve.

Joshua KG7BGZ

9. KG7BGZ

KG7BGZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I was guessing Poland, based on the recent Polish viruses, but Romania is close and puts in in the area I was prediction by a few hundred miles.

10. KK4CUL

KK4CUL Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, I contacted the hosting company via e-mail and gave them the info and they shut the site down! Wonder how long till a new one pops up?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.