ad: Radclub22-1

QRZ Needs More Languages.......

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by XE1COB, Oct 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. XE1COB

XE1COB Ham Member QRZ Page

mmmmmmmm. los artículos de QRZ.com son muy interesantes pero considero que sería aún mas importante este medio de comunicación para los radioaficionados en el mundo si hubiese artículos en otros idiomas que ya son considerados en el mundo como internacionales como el francés y el español, habemos millones de personas que hablamos el español y a veces no entendemos bien los textos en inglés porque su fraseología o sus términos técnicos aún son desconocidos para nosotros, nadie pretende ser un ignorante de otros idiomas pero tapoco podemos decir que conocemos a la perfección los idiomas extranjeros del lugar donde hemos nacido en mi caso México. Sería, reitero muy intersante saber lo que opinan otras personas en otros idiomas, tal vez ni siquiera se atreven a escribir un artículo por demás interesante debido a que no conocen bien el idioma inglés. Señor editor: Propongo sea permitido en esta página de QRZ.com el ingreso de opiniones en otros idiomas que se consideren internacionales. Si me es peritido publicar este artículo téngan la seguridad que muy pronto estaré solicitando ayuda en español pero además podré dar a conocer a ustedes lo poco que se sobre la radiocomunicación en el mundo de los radioaficionados, en el mundo de la aviación privada y comercial, hasta possiblemente pueda agregar algo sobre aviación militar.

Baruj. XE1-COB mail to: baruj20 @hotmail.com

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">
    The following translation was performed by mechanical (computer) means. Please, no comments about the inaccuracy of computer translation. -fred

mmmmmmmm. the articles of QRZ com are very interesting but I consider that would be still but important this middle of communication for the radioaficionados in the world if there was articles in other languages that already are you considered in the world as international as the French and the Spaniard, we have millions of persons that speak the Spaniard and to times we do not understand well the texts in English because its phraseology or its termsStill they are strangers for us, does nobody intend to be an ignorant one of other languages but tapoco are able to say that we know to the perfection the foreign languages of the place where we have born in my case Mexico. It would be, reitero very intersante to know what other persons in other languages think, perhaps not even dare to write a moreover interesting article due to that do not know well the English language. Mister publishing: I Propose be permitted in this page of QRZ com the income of opinions in other languages that be considered international. If it is me peritido to publish this article téngan the security that very prompt I will be requesting aid in Spaniard but besides I will be able to bring to light to you it little that itself upon the radiocomunicación in the world of the radioaficionados, in the world of the commercial and private aviation, to possiblemente can add something upon military aviation.

Baruj. XE1-COB mail to: baruj20 @hotmail.com
    [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

2. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder QRZ HQ Staff QRZ Page

QRZ warmly embraces non-english speaking amateurs from around the world. We would be very happy to include language-specific sections on our system were it not for the fact that we do not have any staff volunteers who are multilingual.

It would be irresponsible for us to allow a forum to go online without moderation or oversight, which would be the case if we didn't have someone who spoke each native language that we might support.

If any of our users wish to volunteer to manage a language specific section on QRZ, please send email to editor@qrz.com and let us know. If you choose to volunteer, please understand that you must be dedicated to the task and able to monitor the site on a daily basis.

-fred, AA7BQ

3. W7KKK

W7KKK Ham Member QRZ Page

Besides, he fails to understand that most of the time we fail to understand our own langauge! At least it seems that way.

4. NF0A

NF0A Ham Member QRZ Page

Se te olvida que en Mexico, No hay mucho que se habla en ingles...Pero quien sabe...Hay algo en Mexico que es igual?
    Si hay, por favor dejarnos saber por lor Puerto Riquenos, Espano;es como yo, Panamenos, etc.. y tambien qien habla igles solamente...
    Que tengas un buen dia caballero. : )

5. W5HTW

W5HTW Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (W7WV @ Oct. 23 2002,14:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Besides, he fails to understand that most of the time we fail to understand our own langauge! At least it seems that way.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Maybe that's at least partly because we have no idea what our own language is!

Ed

6. N3MVF

N3MVF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

If you were born and raised in the US, then go to the UK for a visit, you realize we aren't speaking English here!

All those school years wasted in English class....darn!

Greg

7. AE0Z

AE0Z Ham Member QRZ Page

Who was it said that the British and the Americans are two peoples separated by a common language?

8. WV8RS

WV8RS Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG] To the best of my knowledge this is the United States..  This isn't Spain, Mexico, Panama or any of the other countries where the language spoken is spanish. As a former member of the Armed services and having been stationed in countries that speak spanish, I can tell you that they don't bend over backwards trying to appease the people that DON"T HABLA!!! I see no reason at all why the sponsors of this site should do anything to accomodate people that don't want to Speak and understand English!!! I'm of the conviction, if you want to live here in America, LEARN, READ, SPEAK and UNDERSTAND  ENGLISH!!!!  TU SABES???

9. DL9BCH

DL9BCH Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG]7--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (wv8rs @ Oct. 24 2002,14[​IMG]7)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">[​IMG] To the best of my knowledge this is the United States..  This isn't Spain, Mexico, Panama or any of the other countries where the language spoken is spanish. As a former member of the Armed services and having been stationed in countries that speak spanish, I can tell you that they don't bend over backwards trying to appease the people that DON"T HABLA!!! I see no reason at all why the sponsors of this site should do anything to accomodate people that don't want to Speak and understand English!!! I'm of the conviction, if you want to live here in America, LEARN, READ, SPEAK and UNDERSTAND  ENGLISH!!!!  TU SABES???[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    To the best of my knowledge the post was from XE1COB he is not in the United States he is in Mexico.  When you were in the Spanish speaking countries, did you LEARN, READ, SPEAK and UNDERSTAND Spanish??

10. W5HTW

W5HTW Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DL9BCH @ Oct. 24 2002,14:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (wv8rs @ Oct. 24 2002,14[​IMG])</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><!--emo&[​IMG] To the best of my knowledge this is the United States..  This isn't Spain, Mexico, Panama or any of the other countries where the language spoken is spanish. As a former member of the Armed services and having been stationed in countries that speak spanish, I can tell you that they don't bend over backwards trying to appease the people that DON"T HABLA!!! I see no reason at all why the sponsors of this site should do anything to accomodate people that don't want to Speak and understand English!!! I'm of the conviction, if you want to live here in America, LEARN, READ, SPEAK and UNDERSTAND  ENGLISH!!!!  TU SABES???[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    To the best of my knowledge the post was from XE1COB he is not in the United States he is in Mexico.  When you were in the Spanish speaking countries, did you LEARN, READ, SPEAK and UNDERSTAND Spanish??[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    There are undoubtedly both German and Russian web sites, and definitely gobs of Japanese ones, that I can not enjoy browsing as I don't speak the language. My choice? Learn the language or forget the web site.

There are web sites that publish in multiple languages, usually the big corporation ones, like Sony, etc. Small corporations can't afford the staff, and if they start a trend of producing the site in one second language, they will be sued into producing it in thirty different languages.

I empathize with the Mexican who can not enjoy the articles on QRZ. I'm not sure he can enjoy the articles in QST, either, or CQ, or the RSGB magazine. The fact of life is there are different nations on the planet, and they speak different langauges. If you absolutely have to visit a foreign-language web site, it is incumbent upon the visitor to figure out how to understand it, not the web site to make it available in many different languages. They do so as a courtesy, and if they can't afford to do so, they don't.

I'm sure the gentleman in question did not intend to stir up a mess of hornets. He simply asked if the site could be produced in Spanish. It can't, and that should have been the end of it.

Ed

11. WV8RS

WV8RS Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG] Sure did! Used to watch the TV stations, read the local papers and travel through out the country. I lived 19 miles from "Base" and all the people around me (my neighbors) only spoke spanish.. It wasn't impossible, just difficult! Like learning CW..... Buenos Suerte desde WV8RS....

12. KD5SCG

KD5SCG Ham Member QRZ Page

to wv8rs,
    The internet and ham radio is international. Just because QRZ.com is hosted by someone in the United States that does not mean that you have to be in the United States to access it.
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm of the conviction, if you want to live here in America, LEARN, READ, SPEAK and UNDERSTAND ENGLISH!!!! TU SABES???[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    off the top of my head I can speak of four major languages spoken in America, Spanish in south AMERICA, portuguese in south AMERICA, french in both south and north AMERICA and as you mentioned english.
    Thats right AMERICA starts in Canada and extends all the way to the southern tip of Argentina, and encompasses Two continents.

13. KB6SSN

KB6SSN Ham Member QRZ Page

If you go to a Big Band Hop, you'd better know how to Swing Dance! What's the difference here! It's a USA Board hosted in the USA! If it was French Board then I'd expect it to be in French! Learn the language or find a different board! I think a lot of this animosity comes from the latest trend among USA immigrants! No longer do they try to mesh into our society! Now they try to bring their culture with them and setup their own little world here! Here in the USA we speak American! (Not English) If you want to speak to an American, that would be the language of choice.

BTW, there are three continents in this hemisphere not two! North, Central and South America. And it is established practice that when one speaks of "America" they are refering to the USA. Also, the official language of the USA is Americanized English!

14. K4PZZ

K4PZZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Uhm... I don't want 100 people to yell at me for this statement or anything (75m sound familiar?), but as far as I know, there are 7 continents -- Central America is *not* one of those 7. It's simply part of North America. Seeing as how I'm in Geography in school, I would at least HOPE the info they're feeding me is correct.

15. KD5SCG

KD5SCG Ham Member QRZ Page

He is suggesting that a foreign forum be added that be hosted in the USA, it's not really that revolutionary, not nearly as revolutionary as sending electricity into the atmosphere, and then picking it out of the atmosphere miles away.
    Of course they don't try to mesh with our society, some of us have that attitude. Also, this hemisphere contains more than 3 continents, europe is also in this hemisphere, so is asia. Finally, When one speaks of America inside of the United States, yes, they are reffering to the United States, but if you say you are american in a place like Argentina (trust me I lived there) people would know that you were from either north, south or central America, but they would not know that you were from the United States.
    Is it really such a hassle to you to have 1 more forum on the list of forums.
    Wasn't the USA founded by immigrants who all spoke different languages to begin with.

Creo que el esta proponiendo que se anade un lugar donde los que hablan lenguas diferentes pueden comunicar ideas. No es muy revolucionario, no tan revolucionario como poner electricidad en el aire para comunicar con otros. Y, por supuesto no tratan de mesclar con nuestra sociedad, nuestra sociedad tiene personas como tu. Ademas, nuestra hemisferio incluye Europa y Asia.
    Creo que, pero no estoy seguro, que los estados unidos de America es compuesto de immigrantes, quien no hablaron ingles para empezar.
    perdon, hay que leer loque dice en ingles ariba para entender esto

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.