ad: elecraft

QRZ Maintenance

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Feb 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

I remember working on the F-14D program in the late 80's while on Long Island for a Grumman subcontractor. We had some folks on our team who worked on the F-16 program, and they had some very interesting stories on some of the testing programs...

2. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

I can see by the picture that I am not the only person who worked on Farinon microwave. Chief Engineer was Rube Goldberg. Thanks for all you do Fredo.

3. K8CPA

K8CPA Ham Member QRZ Page

Everything is okie fine here.... Thanks for the good work work Fred! :)

4. W4MCX

W4MCX Ham Member QRZ Page

Your hard work has not gone on unrecognized! Thanks a ton for what u do for us! 73's

5. N1SP

N1SP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Was quite alarmed at the email stating I had changed my call sign. Sent an alert email to QRZ (sorry I helped waste your time) and called the FCC to make sure no changes had been requested- FYI License Support # 877-480-3201. Felt relieved after this call.

Then finally I noticed this post- color me DUH! Had a chemistry teacher once who always harped... "If All Else Fails, Read The Directions!"

Thanks for all of your service and providing us THE go to ham radio site!

Best regards, Randy

6. KE7PCB

KE7PCB Ham Member QRZ Page

I was wondering what happened. Thank you for being on top of it and getting it fixed so quickly.

7. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm surprised we haven't seen a post from a paper logger stating how glitch free their system is!

8. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder QRZ HQ Staff QRZ Page

I took that photo at Dayton Hamvention about 10 years ago. I've used it a lot!

9. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder QRZ HQ Staff QRZ Page

Timing is everything. In the middle of the crisis, we didn't have time to email anybody. Even if we would have had time, we were not completely sure of who exactly was affected. We don't send out emails to everybody, ever. We've never sent a mass-email out to all QRZ users. Such an email would have required a separate team of people to answer the responses, which is more people than we have (4). If our regular team stopped trying to restore the system to answer emails, even more chaos would have ensued. So, an email notice during the outage wasn't really an option.

73, -fred

KD4RDS likes this.
  10. VE3HJL

VE3HJL Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for your hard work on keeping the system running smoothly.

11. W1JTS

W1JTS Ham Member QRZ Page

thanks for taking care of it so fast

12. K9EQ

K9EQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I didn't realize the QRZ server had so much 12 GHz plumbing! Must be way fast!!! ;)

Chris, K9EQ

13. VA3PS

VA3PS Ham Member QRZ Page

You guys are the rock stars of amateur radio, and I sure as hell know how many phone calls come in - angry ones in my case - and eat up time better spent fixing the problem.

Other sites come and go, but you've done nothing but GROW. I remember when you first went "on the air" here. 73 and I'll have an extra whisky for you.

Best,
    Mike NG2F, VA3PS, M0GSC

14. KA1SU

KA1SU Ham Member QRZ Page

15. KA1SU

KA1SU Ham Member QRZ Page

Wonderful, open communications! This is why I like QRZ so much. Not since Wayne Green, W2NSD have I seen such open communications in the ham radio community.
    I plan to upgrade my membership from Platinum to Life this year to support your fine work. Nice job guys!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.