ad: w5yi

qrz logbook

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by M0HHF, Nov 16, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. M0HHF

M0HHF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

can any one help i am looking to down load my qrz log to put in for some awards how do i go about it tried looking in qrz pages for help but cant find anything
    regards clive m0hhf

2. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

3. KE7RG

KE7RG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

So I am operating in Colorado for a couple more weeks but should be back in Wyoming around the 6th of Dec. LOTW has multiple location features, but apparently QRZ doesnt. So Im just posting this in case anyone cares or it influences there contests or awards etc.... 73's Rob KE7RG

4. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Unsure of LoTW interface but some possibilities are:

Alter KE7RG logbook's properties for the period, returning to the original properties upon returning. [SETTINGS then PROPERTIES] The properties existing on the QSO date will be retained in the QSO record. Or, better yet ….

Sign Colorado QSOs using KE7RG/0 and create a separate new logbook having that callsign. Note: When it comes to Awards, logbooks can be combined. Open your logbook, click on Awards.

You might also consider the callsign (and logbook) KE7RG/P in lieu of /0.

Further questions to: https://ssl.qrz.com/support

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
  5. KE7RG

KE7RG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

OK, sounds like a good plan. Use the /0 when in Colorado or zone 0, and nothing if in Wyo and /p when in the wilds.
    Now to figure out how to automate that. My logging software uploads to eQSL and to LOTW. LOTW has it easiest so far, and
    I havent figured out eQSL yet.

When they lifted the callsign restrictions on the numeric zones, essentially making them wide open. Anybody could be any number, I guess I assumed that the /# would have gone away. Not a good assumption I guess.

Thanks !

6. W1DQ

Electronic logbooks should conform with ADIF protocol (see: www.adif.org ). It should be possible to export the contents of one logging software system's records in the form of an ".ADI" file and then import that same file into another logging software system. Hence ADI [Amateur Data Interchange].

Some logging software systems include an API [Application Programing Interface] written by that system's developer to "handshake" with another system(s). This generally eliminates the need to manually export and then import the ADI file; nonetheless it is not difficult to manually do so.

Having been licensed for 64 years now, I still use an old logging system that I created using MS Access-like database system back when computers came on the scene. Once or twice a month, I extract an ADIF file from that system. I then upload it (directly and separately) in sequence to LoTW, QRZ, and eQSL. It only takes a minute for each transfer.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
  7. PY2XJ

PY2XJ Ham Member QRZ Page

good morning gentlemen how do I know if someone is asking for contact confirmation ,
    and how do I have to hit these
    inconsistency,FT 73 DE PY2XJ

8. W1DQ

Open your logbook
    Click on Incoming

NOTE:
    You are receiving requests from fellow Logbook users due to one of the following circumstances:
    • you have yet to enter a record of the QSO in your logbook, or
    • one or more of the following QSO record fields in your logbook record fail to match the corresponding fields in your worked party's logbook record - callsigns, band, mode, and date/time within a 30-minute window
    • Ensure you have entered a QSO record on the date indicated on the request.
    Note that the remaining info showing in the request for confirmation is only default info and not the exact matching data. When "the box keeps coming up" it indicates that the data you have entered still does not match that data your worked party has entered in its logbook - hence a continuing failure.