ad: M2Ant-1

QRZ Logbook Status Update

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Feb 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WJ1MK

WJ1MK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Wishing you well and I surely do miss and love the system...but this has taught me a very important lesson....never use "ONE" system for your logging! I only use QRZ and now I have no idea what I had recently logged and can not do an upload to LoTW! My mistake and I should probably start making a daily backup sheet of what has yet to be uploaded to LoTW...

KE0MJE likes this.
  2. K9GLS

K9GLS Guest

I was thinking the same thing but didn't dare say. On the bright side at least it wasn't on Winter Field Day.

KE0MJE likes this.
  3. MM3AWA

MM3AWA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

why dare not say ? im paying for the service !! i know updates must be made, but on a weekend , very poor planning.

PD0PSX, KE0MJE and W6SAE like this.
  4. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

My bet is that all the log data is safe and sound - once the "big upload" is done it will all be there.

But you're 100% right: BACK UP YOUR DATA!! I use N3FJP as my primary log, storing the file online. I then upload to LoTW and QRZ so I have multiple backups.

Yes - my QRZ log is completely blank right now. But I have plenty of backups

Dave
    W7UUU

KE0MJE and WJ1MK like this.
  5. KC1FOZ

KC1FOZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thats great news !!!
    Thank you folks very much for an amazing system

KE0MJE likes this.
  6. KA2K

KA2K XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Upload logs directly to LoTW first and then download to QRZ assuming of course that you use a local loggging program like HRD logger.

SV3RNJ likes this.
  7. W8JBM

W8JBM Ham Member QRZ Page

Outstanding and we can catch up with the paper logs to QRZ DB while you get her right, and thanks for all you do!

8. IW9GXT

IW9GXT Ham Member QRZ Page

tank you Fred, 73

9. M0XUE

M0XUE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for the update

10. KE4KE

KE4KE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

They did notify.

11. WJ1MK

WJ1MK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, I should have uploaded to LoTW first, Quite honestly I was but took a break and when I came back to make another upload...POOF!...QRZ Logbook was down! ;-) Unfortunately, You assumed to much. As I stated, I use only QRZ as my one source of Logging...My mistake... and ironically I just paid for N3FJP's complete logging package but as of yet never even looked at it! Procrastination has taught me many a lesson in this life but obstinance always keeps me from taking heed of any of them! --> Shame on me! ;-)

KA2K likes this.
  12. KG5SFT

KG5SFT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It's understandable that these things take time.

W7UUU likes this.
  13. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Don't fret.... I'm 100% positive QRZ log data is all right there and will be visible soon, once the migration from old server to new server is complete. It's a HUUUGGGEEE amount of data and just takes time to move

But DO GET THE N3FJP running soon!!! You can very easily upload directly from N3FJP to both QRZ and LoTW. I also suggest you establish a "cloud based storage" for the primary N3FJP file (I use my Dropbox account). That way if your local computer dies, your file is intact. In addition, you can view your log data from ANY computer that you install N3FJP software

Dave
    W7UUU

K4AGO likes this.
  14. K0LAF

K0LAF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I just looked you up and your bio is there.

15. ZS1SBW

ZS1SBW QRZ Lifetime Member #505 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

via email, QRZ news feed ..? please share link to original notification?

W6SAE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.