QRZ logbook questions

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by K8EA, Apr 8, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. K8EA

K8EA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I used to use qrz.com's logbook but then changed over to Ham Radio Deluxe. I think the HRD logbook is too clunky for my simple uses and want to go back to qrz which is simple and easy to use. Only two questions. Can someone help me with these?
    1. Can I get frequency injected or will I have to manually enter?
    2. Since I downloaded about 4,000 contacts in 2015 and have been using HRD's logbook ever since, can I upload the 17,000 contacts to qrz that I have made since 2015?

If I cannot do the above, can someone suggest a simple straight forward logger that will take the frequency from HRD and the lookup info from QRZ? Any info appreciated.
    Ed/K8EA/Alabama

2. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

QRZ allows importing ADIF files. The content of the file is dependent on the system used to create it. If the file contains a frequency field per: http://www.adif.org/308/ADIF_308.htm#QSO_Field_FREQ it will be imported. All QSO records can be imported as QRZ will ignore duplicates as follows:

Duplicates are determined when a match exists between the incoming record and an
    existing record in the database where:

The two callsigns match -and-
    The operating BAND is the same -and-
    The operating MODE is the same -and-
    The QSO DATE is the same -and-
    The QSO Start Time is the same to the minute.

Duplicate Rules:

If the duplicate has not yet been confirmed, the incoming record REPLACES the existing one.
    If the duplicate is of a confirmed record, it is IGNORED.

3. K8EA

K8EA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for this reply!