*** QRZ Logbook Handbook ***

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by N0AMT, Dec 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. N8YN

N8YN Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I had a 17M contact with Sable Island (CY0/VA1AXC) on 2015-04-18 @20:42 UTC/18.130 and in my log it shows the GOLD STAR CONFIRMATION but under the DX WORLD AWARD it does not give me credit????? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

N8YN
    Jerry L. Huffman

2. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Your QSO with CY0/VA1AXC is confirmed because his record and yours agree with respect to callsigns, mode, band, and UTC date/time within a 30-minute window.

When it come to the DX World Award, there is a disagreement. His record indicates his entity as Canada and your record indicates his entity as Sable Island, hence a match does not exist. The party having the incorrect entry needs to correct it in their record; the other party needs to request that of the party. Once corrected a match will occur and credit will given for that entity. See figure:

n8yn.jpg

YD9KOO likes this.
  3. N8YN

w1dq....thanks but he said he tried everything and it would not work....he told me that he rarely confirms qso's but was good enough to try for me. So, I won't bother him about it....just need 3 countries to confirm to get the award.....don't know what it's so hard to get foreign hams to confirm qso's in the qrz logbook???? Just my luck but maybe someday I can get 3 to confirm our qso's so I can get this award.

73, Jerry, N8YN

YD9KOO likes this.
  4. N8YN

W1DQ John, thanks for all your help and your email.....I tried to reply to your email but it would not go? Anyhow I wanted to let you know that Sable Island showed up on my confirmed list somehow......I really don't know how it did but I am thankful.....I also had another surprise show up and I am down to "1" needed so it should be soon.....again thanks for everything and best 73, Jerry, N8YN

YD9KOO likes this.
  5. JH1DWU

JH1DWU Ham Member QRZ Page

my qrz log ng?

6. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The date range of your logbook needs adjusting.

Open your logbook
    Click on SETTINGS the PROPERTIES
    Adjust End Date

7. AI6UP

AI6UP Ham Member QRZ Page

I recently changed my call sign and is already updated in qrz account. I exported my adi from my old call and went to my new call logbook and tried to export. Qrz keeps putting it back into my old call log so I deleted the old logbook. Now all I have is my current callsign logbook and when I try to import my adi file it say's af5xj does not exist !! What gives my call is AF5ZM now. I don't know why my adi file is tied to af5xj and not able to import into my new call af5zm ? Am I missing something ? Thanks..

8. W1DQ

You need to understand the protocol of ADIF files (that are text files arranged per www.adif.org).

When you export a file from a logbook it is marked with that logbook's callsign. When you try to import that file, the importing program seeks out the logbook that is marked in the ADIF file. If that logbook does not exist, it results in an error.

Refer to: http://www.adif.org/304/ADIF_304.htm#STATION_CALLSIGN

You are trying to add QSO's marked with AD5XJ at export into your AF5ZM logbook, hence an error. If the QSOs were made using the callsign AF5XJ then you need to re-create the logbook for AF5XJ and then import that file into it. A logbook can only contain QSOs made using the logbook's unique callsign and cannot contain be combined with another. Only AF5ZM QSOs can exist in the AF5ZM logbook and only AF5XJ QSOs can exist in the AF5XJ logbook..

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  9. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

I can't confirm contacts in Nevada.

They are confirmed on LotW, Eqsl etc but not on QRZ for some reason.

They were originally confirmed as "40m" contacts (7.000), on LoTW if that should make a difference.

I manually edited the actual working frequency we both worked in my QRZ log, thinking it would fix the problem, but it still won't confirm them on QRZ.

The Nevada stations in question are N9AMI and KF7LSK.

I checked the status of the loTW download file and it says:

--------
    Detailed report for download lotw on Tue Mar 24 17:34:18 2015:

Error 5. Error on record: N9AMI de KC8VWM on 2008-10-10 05:21:00.
    You either do not have access to a logbook with the callsign: KC8VWM,
    or the QSOs date/time is outside of the logbooks date range.

------

I can't even find an error message for KF7LSK. They are confirmed in loTW, but not on QRZ. Even after the download from loTW.

I checked the QSO times and dates on loTW, and they are exactly the same as the entry in the QRZ logbook.

I also checked the date range of my logbook and it starts in 2007

??

But even regardless of that, shouldn't they show up as confirmed on QRZ, if they are already confirmed in Lotw, when I am downloading my Lotw log into my QRZ logbook?

Do they need to be confirmed on both QRZ and LotW in order to count as a confirmed contact on the QRZ logbook?

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  10. AI6UP

AI6UP Ham Member QRZ Page

Got you. I'll recreate AF5XJ - Thanks.. 73

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.