*** QRZ Logbook Handbook ***

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by N0AMT, Dec 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Left-3
  1. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

You have been awarded the Continents and Grid Squared Award. They also appear on your callsign page.

2. KE9OL

KE9OL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

i got the same message...

3. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

What message are you referring to?

4. KF7ZSF

KF7ZSF Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello,

Fairly new ham, and came to QRZ today to confirm my subscription options, check expiration, etc.

Saw my logbook, and there were 3 (yes, I know...sad...I'm working on it) contacts awaiting confirmation.

QRZ then asked me to do a one-time update to "logbook 2.0", where it indicated it would convert my contacts to the new logbook, and provide me a one time download of the archive.

Well, I proceeded with the update, and I now have zero contacts. I did perform the download of the .adi file that I was provided a link to, did the import, and again, zero contacts.

Opening the .adi file with notepad also indicates "0 Records" at the top of the file amongst other data.

Can someone explain what just happened please (besides "well, you lost your data!" :p )? I was given no options other than to proceed or not (i.e. I didn't have an option/checkbox to "lose all my data", "start fresh", etc). Seemed like a good idea....at the time.

I'd sure like those 3 contacts back. I know it's a pathetic number, but they were my contacts and I would like to confirm them and have them in my logbook. They were there before the upgrade. Guess I'm just grateful that I didn't lose 30, or 300, or 3000.

Any assistance would be helpful, thanks in advance.

KF7ZSF
    Kevin

5. W1DQ

The only QSO records that are migrated from V1 to V2 are those you either personally entered or confirmed. Those that had no such personal involvement (i.e. those that were placed in your logbook by a worked party) are not migrated for lack of prior action on your part.

6. WA1MZL

WA1MZL Ham Member QRZ Page

I do Not see my log book?

7. W1DQ

Your logbook appears to be working now.

8. KF7ZSF

KF7ZSF Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's new to this, and presuming everyone would know this "tidbit" about confirming contacts before migration or they disappear is...well.... :(

Perhaps you could modify the warning for the migration process so that others don't wind up with the same issue. After all, there is no possible way anyone could have known or presumed that little "tidbit" of info pre-migration, and other than anecdotally, it's entirely useless post-migration.

Thanks for the post mortem.

9. KC9ROD

KC9ROD Ham Member QRZ Page

OK I was domb I used select all and instead of requesting confirmation I deleted. this was the only record I had for these contact is there any way to get them back?

10. W1DQ

You should maintain a backup copy to hedge against such errors as once deleted they are deleted and must be re-entered.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.