ad: vanity

QRZ Log... Not everybody shows up

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by K4DFH, May 17, 2018.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K4DFH

K4DFH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I am new to QRZ Log. Mostly I do OK with it, but sometimes, I log a contact, and they show no QRZ Log. I understand that not everybody participates, probably more than a few that don't even want to, but what puzzles me, is for a number of contacts that show no QRZ Log, when I look them up in the database, I find they DO have a log (one of them with THOUSANDS of contacts), but it is not indicated in MY log. I can not request a confirmation from them. Another issue I am having, when I try to confirm a contact request, I get a window that tells me how many contacts I have had with them, but the only thing the window will let me do is log a NEW contact with them. All of this is very frustrating, because I had planned to make QRZ my primary station log.

2. KA4EET

KA4EET XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have had a similar problem, so I started Lotw and downloaded all my contacts from QRZ Log. LoTW found 500 qsl confirmed so I uploaded the QSLs they found back into QRZ. .......so far they (QRZ) did not give me any confirmations for any of these LOtw qsls.

K4DFH likes this.
  3. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

If they have an email address listed on their page it might help to send them the information and ask that they log it may not receive a response but at least an effort was made.

4. K4DFH

Well, I finally gave up on QRZ Log as my primary logging solution. I was editing a QSO, and my whole log page locked up. I filed a support ticket, and got an unsatisfactory response. Hearing nothing more, the next day, I filed another, and the response suggested that it was my fault, and stopped just short of telling me I may not be presenting an accurate picture of the situation. This was 24 hours after my log went down.
    In the meantime, I had migrated to CQR Log, as an interim measure. After that exchange, I have decided I like CQR Log, so it is now my primary logging solution. My QRZ log Is STILL frozen. After trying everything else, I downloaded another browser, and the QRZ Log worked, so I was able to download my ADIF. Apparently the QRZ Log scripts corrupted something in my Firefox. I tried a re-install from the repository, but it did not help. It appears I may have to do a fresh install, losing all of my settings, and extensions to fix it.

Last edited: May 19, 2018
  5. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I have successfully added, then deleted a test QSO in your logbook. It is working.

W7UUU likes this.
  6. K4DFH

I KNOW it is working. Obviously, you did not read what I wrote. It is not working with MY browser. You evidently missed the part where I said I downloaded another browser and was able to retrieve my ADIF, but it STILL does not work with Firefox, my preferred browser. Apparently, the logs scripts corrupted something in Firefox that I have not been able to repair, even with a re-install from the repository.

7. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

For what it is worth, I used Firefox 59.02 in the test and it worked. I would direct you to contact Hqs but you already have without success. Sorry.

8. K4DFH

Yes, and my Firefox worked, too... until it didn't. You really are not inspiring a lot of confidence that QRZ is even willing to look into a problem as you continue to pretend my problem never existed.. I can see I am well justified in not relying on it as a primary logging solution.
    BTW, my Firefox FINALLY works again with QRZ logs. I had to delete my Mozilla hidden directory, even after a clean wipe re-install. That finally fixed it, at the expense of losing all of my browser local files.

Last edited: May 21, 2018