qrz log book

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by NZ5P, Nov 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. NZ5P

NZ5P Ham Member QRZ Page

is anyone else having problems with the qrz loogbook? i cannot for some reason add any new contacts..cannot figure it out...are there any other possibly free/simple programs i have a disc which i down loaded my contacts but they are wpd/wdp something like that files and i cannot open them either...im very discouraged i have lost my logbook several times before and trying to extract these files on this disc but it is stating to download some program; i am not real happy about downloading programs on the net that i am not famaliar with. any info will be much appreciated ty nz5p bryan

2. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

You should be able to add new contacts, but only manually. You are not able to either upload or download records that might be on a disk as in order to activate this feature one must be a QRZ subscriber at the XML ($29.95) or higher level.

As to log data on a disk, programs that use such normally employ ADIF protocol. ADIF stands for Amateur Data Interchange Format. See: http://www.adif.org

The files are text files that can be read/write with a text-editor such as Notepad, etc. but it can be confusing unless you understand how they are formatted. Even so, it is not easy to manuipulate them using a text editor. A sample ADIF record for a QSO with TO7T follows:
    [TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD]
    <QSO_date:8>20040401​
    [/TD]
    [TD]
    <time_on:4>1757​
    [/TD]
    [TD="width: 14%"]
    <band:3>10m​
    [/TD]
    [TD="width: 15%"]
    <mode:3>SSB​
    [/TD]
    [TD="width: 24%"]
    <call:4>TO7T​
    [/TD]
    [TD="width: 6%"]
    <eor>​
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

One easy way to manipulate ADIF files is to utilize one of the ADIF to Excel to ADIF spreadsheet converters, such as ADIF Master. However you must download and install same. Google "ADIF Master" to locate the free download site. If you are wary about doing that, you might ask a computer savvy friend to assist you.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  3. NZ5P

NZ5P Ham Member QRZ Page

no sir i am not trying to upload to qrz; i tried notepad but not luck//i think i used dxzone and another program which were free and simple just to keep my contacts but i cannot seem to find them;i have been off ham radio for a couple years i cant imagine it changed this much? very disappointing..i will try other progams and see..thanks for ur reply...bryan nz5p

4. KT4EP

KT4EP Subscriber QRZ Page

I have not been able to log a contact since yesterday evening. I am a paid subscriber. When I click on the button to add a contact, I get an error message that the qrz logbook cannot be found on the server. I sent a message to the help desk. This is the only problem I have ever had with QRZ.

5. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I am experiencing the same problem. I will alert QRZ. In the meantime there is a work around: Open your logbook using the "My Logbook" selection on the pulldown menu and then add the contact; it will work.

6. W1DQ

The problem has been corrected.

7. NZ5P

NZ5P Ham Member QRZ Page

i had to reduce my fonts for it to work because i could not see the save button; then still sometimes i have to hit the save button several button for it to work.but at least its working thanks for the help

8. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

I also ran into an odd problem on the QRZ log. I worked a station on 60M CW and went to his call lookup and tried to enter the qso on the log page and got the message the freq was invalid. I was entering band 60M, mode CW, freq 5.405 and that is perfectly valid but the log said no. could not save my entry.

9. W1DQ

10. GI0AZB

GI0AZB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Found the answer to this one :)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.