ad: qroparts

qrz keeps logging me out and i have to continually re login...why? very anoying

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by KJ7BBS, Jul 20, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KJ7BBS

KJ7BBS Ham Member QRZ Page

site suddenly started logging me off . does anyone know why?

2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Do you have a "Remember me" or "Keep me logged in" or "Stay logged in " checkbox ?

Those work for me. On some sites like your bank, It is best not to use them.

Maybe it is a being Verified thing. You are special. :)

Make sure you are on the real QRZ website and not a spoofed site, Trying to get passwords.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  3. KJ7BBS

Yes but it does this several times a day .even while actively using the site

4. UA6JD

UA6JD Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

It is problem with your browser set up - check in privacy cookies

5. KJ7BBS

Ok will check though im a bit computer challenged..haha

6. K2YWE

K2YWE Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm having the same problem (all of a sudden) . My bowser is set to allow cookies and not to erase on exit. I see cookies from www.qrz.com listed yet I have to log back in every time I go back to QRZ.

7. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Do you use the Stayed logged in Click box ?

Maybe you need to get a fresh cookie jar. Your cookies may be old and moldy.

8. K8HIT

K8HIT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Could be a browser specific problem. Try another browser.

With current browser, delete cookies and other cached files.

Can't give precise info until we know what browser (and possibly version) you are using.

9. KT1TK

KT1TK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

As others have noted, there are a several issues that can cause failed auto-logins.
    QRZ uses a cookie on your PC to trigger auto logon, so it's near certain cookies are the issue.
    So here are some random techie thoughts that may be of help ... or not!

Things gets complicated by several factors affecting the creation, use, and deletion of cookies.
    Here are some steps related to your QRZ cookie(s).
    1. You log in to QRZ.
    2. QRZ records your login "credentials" (ID & PW) in a "cookie" on your PC.
    3. When QRZ next loads, it looks for a QRZ cookie. If found, it logins in with stored "credentials"
    A common cookie problem that next occurs is with the retention/deletion of the cookie.
    A number of browser, system, and utility actions can delete your cookies (ouch).
    1. System Cleanup?
      If you do a system cleanup, it has an option to delete your Internet data, including cookies.
      That only happens when you run Cleanup. So if you are not running it every time, it's something else.

2. Inadvertent User Logout?
      Some users follow the generally good practice of logging out of a web site after each use.
      If you do that with QRZ.com, you will be NOT be auto-logged when re-accessing the site.
      I speak purely empirically as this is what happens on my system with Windows 10 + Firefox.
      If you want to avoid that, do not log out when done with QRZ.com.
      Just open a new browser tab if you want to peruse other websites or close the browser if done gallivanting.

When you close the browser (w/o having logged out of QRZ), you should be auto-logged-in on next access.
      Test this as follows: Open browser, log into QRZ.com, close browser w/o logging out, open browser, access QRZ.com.
      If you ARE logged back in, than maybe you have been logging out after use.
      If you are NOT auto logged back in, then it may be something else, like one of the following:

3. Browser Cookie Deletion?
      Some browsers offer an extreme option of deleting cookies after each browser session.
      If enabled, every time you close the browser, all cookies are deleted soon after the browser is closed.
      To verify if your browser has such a feature enabled, you need to find a "Delete Cookies After Closing" and disable it.
      Despite increased privacy, it's is problematic since nearly all website require cookies to operate correctly.

Another quick thing to try is to open a different browser to access QRZ.com and see how it behaves.
      Unless the others also have a Delete All Cookies on Exit option enabled, this may show a problem with the 1st browser.
      Most PC's have multiple browsers installed or available. It's good to have 2-3 browsers installed so you can access
      sites that operate differently on some browsers. As a veterans techie who web designs, develops, operates, writes,
      and researches, I have 6-8 installed at any given time but 203 should serve regular users well.
      upload_2019-11-29_22-30-39.png

4. Cleaner Utilities?
      These are among the most common culprits in the cookie melee. So-called cleaner and anti-malware utilities often
      are indiscriminate in what they delete under the noble aegis of defending you from nefarious actors. Norton/Symantec,
      CCleaner and a raft of others can be set to automatically purge your Internet browsing data upon exiting supported
      browsers, ever so often on a fixed schedule, or on-demand when you run them.
      If you have any of these type of products, ensure that they are not set to auto-clean your cookies.
      CCLeaner, e.g., can be set to auto clean the Internet history upon exiting supported browsers.
    Hope that helps.

Attached Files:

K8HIT likes this.
  10. K2YWE

K2YWE Subscriber QRZ Page

I see no Stayed logged in Click box on either of the login pages.