QRZ interaction with LOTW

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KN4CQB, Nov 27, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

o_O As an aside, the Luddites have a web site. Is that NOT an "oxymoron?":confused::rolleyes:

W4IOA likes this.
  2. K1BOO

K1BOO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

No one can say this process is particularly user friendly. I logged everything in QRZ.com. For unknown reasons, I was not able to move them to LOTW with the built in utility, but was able to download the ADIF from QRZ and upload it to LOTW which is fine. It transferred 77 QSOs (I'm new obviously). 7 of those were already confimed. By the time LOTW did it's magic, 29 had confirmed. I downloaded that ADIF and uploaded it to QRZ. QRZ now shows 29 QSLs transferred, but none beyond the initial 7 are appearing as confirmed on my logbook. Did I miss a step? Is there a time delay? Hours? Days?

3. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

LoTW does not accept QRZ confirmations.

4. WA3GWK

WA3GWK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I log in QRZ. I upload my log to LOTW (with paid membership in QRZ). When I download LOTW to QRZ, matches in LOTW are shown as confirmed in my QRZ log. Contacts confirmed in my QRZ log will not be shown as confirmations in LOTW. Works for me.

5. K1BOO

That wasn't my issue. It was that QRZ didn't appear to accept the LoTQ confirmations.

6. K1BOO

That is exactly what I did, but it didn't work for me. QRZ still only shows 7 confirmed on the logbook itself, yet 29 were sent from LoTW. Where did they go?

7. K1BOO

LOtW says:
    Today is Fri, 8 Nov 2019 UTC
    You are KD9LZC
    You have 77 QSO records
    You have 29 QSL records

QRZ Import Report says:
    QRZ has completed the import processing of your logbook file.
    File name: lotwreport (2).adi (29 records)
    Destination Book: "KD9LZC Logbook" (236162)
    Started on: Fri Nov 8 20:46:07 2019
    Finished on: Fri Nov 8 20:46:07 2019
    Import Results:
    0 QSO's were inserted
    24 duplicates were replaced
    5 duplicates ignored
    0 errors.

QRZ Logbook says:
    QSO's: 77
    Confirmed: 7
    Countries: 21

8. WA3GWK

WA3GWK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Here is a screen shot of my LOTW download to QRZ. It clearly shows the confirmations downloaded. Do you get anything like this? Screenshot (1).png

9. N5TJD

N5TJD Ham Member QRZ Page

I was going to add, you can simply upload to LoTW and download (free) to QRZed. For the record, I do like QRZed's implementation much better. Keep the signed uploads via TQSL, but give us a front end that we can see like on the 'Zed.

10. K1BOO

I did not get that pop-up in the middle that said I had new confirmed matches. But I did get the message down in the orange part that the ADIF had been uploaded. The LOtW Access is disabled because I can't figure out how to enable it. So I downloaded the ADIF from LOtW and uploaded it here rather than any sort of automated system.

This morning, with fresh, not yet frustrated eyes, I realized why I could not enable the LOtW Access. So now I have them connected and was able to load the QSLs directly!! 24 new confirmations! Thanks for your patience! I'll get the hang of it...eventually!

upload_2019-11-9_9-6-14.png

WA3GWK likes this.