QRZ HF NET

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by AL2I, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. AL2I

AL2I Ham Member QRZ Page

OK, that's it. I am building a vertical dipole.

2. N6WK

N6WK Guest

wait, Let me call you

3. XV2PS

XV2PS Ham Member QRZ Page

I go 14303

4. KF0RT

KF0RT Ham Member QRZ Page

Can't hear Dave. Man, I gotta get an antenna!

5. AL2I

AL2I Ham Member QRZ Page

Gordon, N6WK is awesome. He is bouncing at S7-S9 and the rest of the gang is right at the noise level. Impressive.

6. KI4CIA

KI4CIA Ham Member QRZ Page

Ya'll stick around for a while - I'll be there quick as I pick up my traffic [​IMG]

7. KJ3N

KJ3N Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah, well that's the difference between a 7 element Force 12 and wire antennas.

8. AL2I

AL2I Ham Member QRZ Page

My apologies to the Staion that called me on 7.275. I could work with some really slow code, but there is a broadcast station with oriental music QRMing .275 and I cannot make out your call.

9. KD4AMG

KD4AMG Ham Member QRZ Page

good net...I left right after I made my little statement ( lightning strike not too far away ), plus FOOD ON THE TABLE means abandon any and all radio / computer gear !!

Every one sounded ok...like I said " turn rf gain down to 12 o clock position and if necessary use the -20 db attenuator. Sure no one puts more than about a 5 on the s - meter, but for my part, the s-meter could be disconnected. If I can HEAR your voice, or copy your cw, THAT ( to me ) is all that matters. I aint interested in hearing a lot of background noise, with every one s- 20 to s - 60 on the s - meter. I like to eliminate all noise possible and if I can still hear you ---good ( and 9 times out of 10 it works ).

No I aint trying to tell any one else how to run their station, that is just how I run mine. Rig is a Icom 746 ( not pro ) with hand mike.

No I aint trying to stir folks up, just letting every one know of easy way to eliminate static crashes and qrn from nearby transmitssions.

good job from what I heard KE4FRF.

AI4EP (Robert) [​IMG]

10. KE5FRF

KE5FRF Ham Member QRZ Page

NET CHECKINS HEARD

N5KRC
    KI4CIA
    AI4FP
    K1ALK
    AI4EP
    W0LPQ
    KD5ZER
    K9AXI
    KB3LIX
    W3MIV
    K4RAF
    WD5EFY
    W4ROT
    W9EVT
    W4WLZ

16 checkins including myself, FANTASTIC!!

Thanks everyone for participating!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.