ad: w5yi

QRZ HF NET

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by AL2I, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KD4AMG

KD4AMG Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG]

Not yet, but if I do, I will just read the information that is already provided for some one else who may get confused before I do.

In simple terms, I problably will not be the first to get confused, and some one else will ask first, then there will be an answer, and after that, every one else who gets confused can read THAT post.

hee hee hee.

[​IMG]

AI4EP

2. KE5FRF

KE5FRF Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh, I thought that XV was a vietnamese callsign, my bad.

or, as people sometimes erroneously say around her, vietmanese, hihi. [​IMG]

3. KB3LIX

KB3LIX Ham Member QRZ Page

You got it ep, that's me in the Field Day picture, wearing the orange shirt.

Can't miss me, a little big, BUT CUTE !
    I didn't know they were taking the picture, or I would have smiled JUST FOR YOU !

[​IMG]

4. AG3Y

AG3Y Guest

Don't worry about which thread is the current one. Heath's signature will have the latest information on any post he makes, regardless.

I will be trying to hear you'all tonight, because we are socked in with clouds ( no star party ! [​IMG] ) , but I hope my microphone works after so many years of dis-use! [​IMG]

73, Jim

5. KE5FRF

Jim, thanks for showing up....net begins in approx 30 minutes.

6. KD4AMG

KD4AMG Ham Member QRZ Page

As an idea...have more than one net...to allow for folks different schedules in life...also have different bands in use....
    also have more than ONE net control ( not just throw it all on ke4frf shoulders ) ...there are endless ideas / options / opportunities for this original idea.

This might help encourage others to become GENERAL class operator or above, also could encourage others to upgrade their antenna systems to work better ( tower / beams / rotor / etc ).

Every one gains with this great idea.
    [​IMG]

AI4EP ( Robert) [​IMG]

7. KL7AJ

KL7AJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

We can't make it that simple, though. We need to make it some sort of game like CLUE. You have to follow at least six leads or so to find out where the next frequency will be.

Like. Tune in to 3890 at 0640Z. You will receive a slow scan image of a radio dial and a frequency. Tune to the frequency indicated on the slow scan image. It will be the frequency of a shortwave broadcast station. If the shortwave station is Spanish, go to QRZ.com for further instructions. If it is English go to the ARRL website, and select the third news item. The seventeenth line in that news item will have a number. Subtract that number from the original frequency indicated in the slow scan transmission, divide by 9.2, and that will be the QRZ net frequency.

Or something like that. [​IMG]

eric

8. KE5FRF

net in 5 minutes

9. WA5KRP

WA5KRP Ham Member QRZ Page

XV2PS

My computer is not by my station so I can't co-ordinate through here. 14.290 is busy. I will be monitoring between 14.290 and 14.315

WA5KRP
    Kilowatt, Texas

10. W6TMI

W6TMI Ham Member QRZ Page

I got a couple dudes rag chewing on 7.275 right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.