QRZ HF NET

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by AL2I, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. KL7AJ

KL7AJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

LAST NIGHT it was around 7275? Sounds like my kind of net. Maybe we should play, "Guess the net frequency" Every night the net control op gets to pick the band and frequency, and whoever can find him gets the gold star. [​IMG]

We could start a trend....get rid of those nasty RF ruts!

eric

2. w8cbc

w8cbc Guest

If I get stuck in the RF mud, will someone pull me out? [​IMG]

20 metres may be rather skippy at midnight GMT. But I'm game for Saturday. Actually, I'm still intent on trying it around 2000 GMT, 14340U give or take.

3. KE5FRF

KE5FRF Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for all your input guys!

Actually, i am considering holding the net in "musical frequency" format...you know, kinda like musical chairs, hihi.

Anyway, I just submitted a NEWS article after Fred gave me his blessing for the net activities being OK with him.

20 meters is a definate possibility. If I am going to be NCS, though, I can't do it on 75,80 meters, so that is out...well, in the near future anyway, until I rig something up....but even then, any kind of antenna arrangement I have for those bands would be a cloud warmer at best, so I certainly can't be net control.

So, see you this evening, I hope.

4. WA2ZDY

WA2ZDY Guest

Remember you can use Z time and things like propagation will remain the same, but this Saturday night/Sunday morning the time changes to Daylight time.

Being a domestic net, things will change.

5. KE5FRF

Thanks for reminding me...

So, Greenwhich doesn't observe daylight savings time, I presume? I had not looked into that.

6. KD4AMG

KD4AMG Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG] I like the " musical frequency " idea.

It keeps every one else coming HERE to qrz to see where todays net MIGHT be at.

It also helps keep the vfo knob turning, so that if they dont like THIS net, they may find another that they do like...and KE4FRF, you have to remember that --- no net meets every ones needs / qualifications...so no matter what you do / do not do, there will be a couple of folks who want things done differently . I would suggest to those folks " well, go start up your own net , and do it YOUR way " and smile and let it go at that.

----------------------------------------------
    a picture is worth 1000 words, whether it be at last years field day event, or almost behind a small car with expired tag. Amazing what a " google search " will turn up, in full color.
    ----------------------------------------------
    AI4EP

7. KD4AMG

KD4AMG Ham Member QRZ Page

...also why are there 2 threads with the same basic information ?

To aviod confusion, should there be two or only one ?

[​IMG]

8. WA5KRP

WA5KRP Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm gonna try to hook up with Pierre on 20M (7am, Viet Nam).  After that I'll see if I can hear ya'll on top of 40M.

WA5KRP
    Texas

9. KE5FRF

SURE!! Ditch your QRZ.com buddies for a Vietnamese guy!

JK....go for it dude, hope you make the contact.

10. KR2D

KR2D Ham Member QRZ Page

Whether Greenwich observes DST is irrelevant. UTC (Universal Coordinated Time in English), which is what we mean by Z time, does not change. Local time will shift by an hour. So, 0000Z will be 7PM EST today, but it will be 8PM EDT on Sunday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.