QRZ Fraudsters

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by M0GBK, Feb 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: DLSpec-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. W1DW

W1DW Ham Member QRZ Page

Here's a new one for you. Same email address but new name. Exact same content though:
    Nahum, w1dw
    Vince Allen [davidlenonsales@gmail.com]

Hello
    my name is Vince Allen.
    i saw your wanted ad so i decide to mail if you are still interested you can mail me .
    i have it in good and excellent condition call sign g1hrd in qzr.com

Vince Allen

118, Cheam Road.

SUTTON, SM1 2EB

England

2. WN8BOB

WN8BOB Ham Member QRZ Page

SCAMMERS

When I don't have anything better to do,i love to lead these people on,asking the most of technical questions,specifications,pictures,details,and when this gets boring,tell them I will be sending the funds via western Union as requested,then when the money never gets there,tell them I had 14 people with the exact same item and soemone else must have got the money I sent,can't afford to lose another $1,500,then they try and tell me how to get my money back so I can indeed send it to 'Them" and will get the item I wanted,this stuff is for rainy days,I'm retired,so its quite funny,these guys will go to the ends of the earth for you if they think a "Dime" is in it for them....WN8BOB

3. KF5CGM

KF5CGM Ham Member QRZ Page

I was wondering, do they pull the ads from here?

4. KA4DQJ

KA4DQJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Seems scamming has increased proportionally with the sour economic conditions... I suppose the wicked are suffering as badly as the innocent.

On the subject of Nigeria. If I was holding the nozzle and ordered to give the Earth an enema, I know where to insert it.

5. AD6KA

AD6KA Ham Member QRZ Page

They have, or employ services, that use bots, depending on the level of organization.
    Do not assume the scammer is a naive, uneducated "Cafe Boi" sitting
    in a s***hole country someplace. Many of the scammer groups are lead and organized
    by highly educated and technically savvy individuals.

Of COURSE there are idiots trying to emulate the "Big Boy" scammer organizations and attempting to get
    rich. You have to undertand that in Nigeria and other West African countries that these 419 and other scammers are virtually the ROCK STARS of their generation. That they steal from the "Fabulously Wealthy" Westerners and get away with it is something to admired an emulated, NOT SCORNED. Quite the contrary! They are HEROS of the community.

And the law enforcement infrastructure is SO corrupt there, (in fact their entire govt IS the must corupt regeime in the world bar none)
    that they turns a blind eye AND take kickbacks and bribes to do so.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.