ad: Alphaant-1

QRZ Fraudsters

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by M0GBK, Feb 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W8QF

W8QF Guest

Macgarret Lugard [macg.lugard@yahoo.com], MacGarret Lugard
    21 Percy Street.Nottingham.NG6 0GF.United Kingdom

This is the info this clown is using with me today. I just wanted to post a heads up for those interested.

2. K8ERV

K8ERV Ham Member QRZ Page

NO! It's "S E C R E T" dummy. He already told you-------

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

3. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

That is a really bad idea.

4. N0WYO

N0WYO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Timothy McVeigh??:eek:

I can't believe someone was stupid enough to use THAT name.:rolleyes::D

They should have done that 25 years ago! Nothing has changed...Kadafi STILL sucks!:p

5. AD6KA

AD6KA Ham Member QRZ Page

This is not the first time that a fake "First Flight Courier" website has
    been used in scams.
    (FYI: There is a REAL First Flight Courier but they are based in India)
    This scam is run by Nigerians, with helpers receiving WU payments in the UK.
    Their "old First Flight Info info"
    Head office: Daresbury Point Green Wood Drive Manor Park Cheshire, WA7 1UP
    Telephone Number: +447024079724
    Fax Number: +447024079345
    first.flightcourier@live.com

They operate by cruising websites and looking for people wanting to buy.
    Then they offer a low price but say they must use their courier, First Flight.
    Then when they have them hooked, they will get dinged for more FAKE "official
    fees" with letters like this one:

I helped have one of their other fake First Flight websites (and one of their bank accounts) be shut down after a Russian ham was scammed by them for over 2,000UK Pounds. (I posed as a buyer, said I was handicapped with no access to Western Union, but could do a bank transfer by phone, and asked for an account, then reported it and all to the bank authorities).

Note: The numbers "702" after the UK country code of 044 is a redirect
    to a cell phone in Nigeria. Any "7xx" after 044 is an out-of-country redirect
    in the UK.

The really sad part is that after a lot of work by myself and other Scambaiters, we determined the name of one of the top operators of this gang in Lagos.
    His name is: RICHARD OBAROAKPO KORAKPE

But the UK Police could not even contact the EFCC (Nigerian Anti 419 Squad) because the Russian ham had not made a police report. (The UK Police told me that he first had to make a complaint to the Russian Police, who would then have to contact the UK Police before THEY contacted the EFCC.
    I still haven't figured out why this Russian ham, who lost almost $3,300 USD,
    refused to file a police report or send us more of his First Flight correspondence.
    We never even truly entertained the possibility of a bust in Nigeria of Korakpe & Co, but we thought maybe the UK Police COULD nail some of guys accepting the WU Transfers going to "First Flight in UK" and to people posing as Tax Collectors, UK Cusoms Officials, etc. But the UK police insisted all had to originate with a Russian Police Report signed by the RU ham.

In their earlier actvities, Richard Korokpe the Nigerian Scammer, even had the stones to use his real name, before he reinvented himself as "John Barrett".
    I have pages and pages of First Flight documents and correspondence to show this, as well as how they keep chipping away at victims for "just one more tax" or "just one more feee to pay" (all to an individual, all by western union) before their shipment is finally released. It's all very sad.

I tried to upload some of them here but it won't take docx files.
    Contact me if you have ever been bit by First Flight, Korakpe, or John Barett.
    73, Ken AD6KA

6. G8WWD

G8WWD Ham Member QRZ Page

INCORRECT INFORMATION

Note: The numbers "702" after the UK country code of 044 is a redirect
    to a cell phone in Nigeria. Any "7xx" after 044 is an out-of-country redirect
    in the UK.

There are 62.5 million mobile phones registered in the UK and ALL of them start 44 7xx. Only a very small proportion of 44 7xx numbers are redirects.

PLEASE research your information properly and get the facts confirmed by someone who knows BEFORE posting incorrect and misleading information!!!

Moderators. It would be appreciated if you would remove all posts like the one above that tell people that 44 7 numbers are all scammers as these are incorrect and are an insult to all law abiding, ligitimate UK mobile phone users!

7. KD4MOJ

KD4MOJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It's a number... hint hint... 14275

...DOUG
    KD4MOJ

8. 4L4AGU

4L4AGU Ham Member QRZ Page

I can guess with 99% of hit, a reason why Russian ham refused to file a police report :) It's a long story and off-topic, but if you insist, I can tell it.

9. NN5AA

NN5AA Ham Member QRZ Page

Retinal scan available?

73, Vince

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

NN5AA---A 100% Functioning Boat-Anchor!!!

Living in beautiful Arkansas--The Natural State--Diamonds, Earthquakes, & Ever-Growing Faults!!

10. W8ZNX

W8ZNX Ham Member QRZ Page

where did you learn how the world works

Stompin Tom would have something to say to you

killing lots of innocent people

will not lower the price of oil

scammers and cheats all over the world

grandparent scam
    crooks dreamed that one up
    are in / from Canada

mac

Thread Status: