ad: Alphaant-1

QRZ Featured Shacks

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Jul 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. VE3ZUP

VE3ZUP Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Wonderful shack. I spend most of my time using my FT817 digital modes. Use PSK, HELL and JT65. Worked the world on 5 Watts! Love every moment. I should get my CW under control hihi! Your're shack is an inspiration.

Best DX OM de Rick VE3ZUP sk

2. KC9FSH

KC9FSH Ham Member QRZ Page

You nailed it on the head, that's how I've gotten most of my 2m/440 radios is buying them broken on Ebay or Craigslist. It takes time but eventually you end up building up a decent amount of equipment, in the past 8 or 9 years that I've built up a decent amount of ham equipment to the point that I wasn't able to have it all out on my desk until I recently bought a house and made a huge desk. To KF7RPI, keep your eyes open at hamfests and on Craigslist, you never know what good deal you'll come across if you are willing to stick a little time into repairing something, most of the repairs are fairly easy to figure out and fix.

3. WB3HBX

WB3HBX Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry, I thought the whole idea of ham radio was home brewing and enginuity? I'd rather see a ham shack with a bunch of wires and components soldered together that puts out 5 watts on hf and a handwritten log book than the commercial looking stations you seem to want to feature. I prefer an old tube rig over all the solid state equipment on the market...don't enter my ham shack...it's too simple and old fashioned...I use bailing twine to hold my dipoles in trees and things like that....

4. W4IOA

W4IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

Ham radio is many things to a broad group of people. Not everyone is a self taught engineer who can build an entire station from a copper penny, Altoids tin, and a scrap piece of wire......or even cares too. I say let's see the variety of shacks out there!

5. NM1Z

NM1Z Ham Member QRZ Page

Only one HF rig? I need space for 6 HF rigs and three henry amplifiers !!!
    Bob NM1Z

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.