ad: wmr-1

QRZ Featured Shacks

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Jul 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

For neatness and completeness, I dare to say you can't beat George W9EVT's shack on Washington Island, WI:

[​IMG]

And, it's FOR RENT! :D:cool:

2. WA3VJB

WA3VJB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I used to have "neatness and completeness" but the orderly & organized layout was quickly overcome as soon as I sat down to play radio.

I'd still buy your crew a beer Fred, but no photos, please.

1579.jpg

3. NA8Y

NA8Y Ham Member QRZ Page

I've personally never seen a shack better than my first QRZ picture.

4. VA3RKO

VA3RKO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I know you won't be anywhere near my QTH but check out my page... Clean, Neat and Tidy - HRD CAT controlled station.

Herve - VA3RKO

5. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

My shack is more shack than feature at the moment....until I get all my "new" parts sorted out. :)

6. VE3TMT

VE3TMT Ham Member QRZ Page

Looks like it's US only. Pitty.

And how many amps does one ham need? I'd be happy with just one, but unfortunately life happens.

Great idea, looking forward to seeing some of the shacks. Always look for ideas on how to improve.

VE3TMT

7. WM7C

WM7C XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I nominate this guy:
    [video=youtube;_dv1no8cWvU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dv1no8cWvU&feature=share&list=TLoHm6azAjZF0[/video]

8. W0IW

W0IW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I wish some store had a great ham desk to start with

:(

9. WA7PRC

Let's not, and say we did. So far, no one has suggested anything better than George W9EVT's shack on Washington Island, WI:

[​IMG]
    And it's FOR RENT!

I had to (got to) build mine:
    [​IMG]

The table is two pieces of OSB laminated together and topped with tempered hardboard. It's trimmed with 1x2 fir. The top is two pieces -- the sides/back, and shelf. I used two pieces of oak plywood for the shelf and trimmed it with oak. A T-slot on the underside allows me to hang the audio box anywhere from left to right. The back piece is open at the top and bottom to allow for cables to pass through and to allow air to circulate for ventilation.

It's an old photo. I've since added some more electronical boxes and an inexpensive but still VERY good RS #33-3306 unidirectional microphone. I use it with a Hercules MS540B low-rise 36" reach boom ($50) mounted to the shelf above my operating table.

10. K9XR

K9XR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I thought Fred did a feature on that one a couple of years ago.

11. ZS5IE

ZS5IE Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi All,
    Check out my installation in SOUTH AFRICA.
    ZS5IE on QRZ.

A technical installation. Regards
    Iain

12. WA7PRC

13. WO2X

WO2X XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The guy with the audio has RF in his audio. LOL

14. MW1CFN

MW1CFN Ham Member QRZ Page

What a load of twaddle! How about a self-build QRP rig in a handbag?

What is the angle of slant in the minds (and other bodily parts) of those building stupidly-complex stations?

Macho gung-ho. Yeah!

15. NN5AA

NN5AA Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't forget, ENVY is one of the 7 Deadly Sins!!

envy.jpg

To each his own, I say. I would venture to say that many of these Amateur's who have, as you put it, "built stupidly complex stations", have a QRP rig or two in their arsenals.

Perusing other Amateurs shack setups always gives me ideas for my own. I try and figure out the rationale behind a configuration that is different than what I would have used, and discern the potential for increased operating comfort and efficiency.

73, Vince -- NN5AA

Are 88% of Amateur Radio ops who are also members of MENSA QRP'n ?

M0SEV likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.