ad: portazero-1

QRZ Date Range for Import

Discussion in 'Suggestions and New Feature Requests' started by K4SQL, Jun 25, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. K4SQL

K4SQL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Can we get a feature where we can specify a date range for a download from LOTW?

I only download from LOTW because I would not acquire some confirmations otherwise. However, for those of us who use QRZ as our primary (only!) log, this would allow us to delete any bad records that came from LOTW (since they don't allow them to be deleted) and then discontinue reloading those bad records every time we do a download from LOTW. In other words, we could clean up our QRZ log of any of those bad LOTW records once and for all.

Thanks! :)

Hutch - K4SQL

2. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Note: We recently changed the way LOTW imports are handled, You will now see a smaller number of QSOs processed on each download as we now only request new and updated records

3. K4SQL

W1DQ, thanks for your reply and for your help on the forum!

Help me understand this...

Although I use QRZ to review my log and pursue awards, I create new records in LOTW and then import them to QRZ. That way I am able to pick up any confirmations from both locations. However, if I make a mistake in LOTW on a newly added record, I cannot delete it in LOTW and it winds up getting imported to QRZ every time I perform an LOTW to QRZ import - since QRZ sees it as a new record. So, a date range import would allow me to reach back for new rows and avoid bad rows. I'm not sure if (or how) the new approach to LOTW imports would really benefit me with the challenge I'm describing.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Hutch - K4SQL

4. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Your problem stems from an error you made and the inability to delete a record from your LoTW file; that is a LoTW issue. Provided a QRZ record has not been confirmed, it can be deleted from your QRZ file.

When you enable (or re-enable) LoTW Access from QRZ, the first LoTW download thereafter accesses the full LoTW file. After that (unless reset by a re-enable) only new records or changed records since the last download are accessed for download.

5. K4SQL

Thanks for your reply!

You are right! QRZ is no longer adding older records back to my log from a LOTW import.

Great job guys!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Regards,

Hutch - K4SQL