QRZ DATABASE CDROM

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by CO2EJ, Jan 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. CO2EJ

CO2EJ Ham Member QRZ Page

2. AE1PT

AE1PT Ham Member QRZ Page

The CD edition is no more. The final version was produced in December of 2009. This service has since been superseded by the Database Download Subscription plan. Available as a standalone membership, or part of the Premium and above subscription plans.

Things move too quickly in this day and time to place a resource on a disk that is only updated a few times a year. With the database download plans, one can update as often as they choose--in one of several information formats.

3. KI4MCY

KI4MCY Ham Member QRZ Page

Database Download Link error

The database download link for the QRZ_ALL _101213.zip is giving an internal server error. FYI, I have the appropriate subscription.

Is there a problem with the site, on use error on my end?

Scott
    KI4MCY

4. AE1PT

drop an email to editor@qrz.com and let one of the dB admins know about this.

5. KI4MCY

KI4MCY Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks. I let them know.

6. W0SGM

W0SGM Ham Member QRZ Page

So you download the database and it can be run from the hard drive like the cd was ?? an internet only database does me no good at some places I plan to operate..

Scott KB0NAZ

7. CO2EJ

tks a lot Patrick

i tryed to download the database, and it asked me for the premium subscription.

how i can get a standalone membership? does it require the premium subscription?

tks in advance

8. AE1PT

Yes, one downloads the data in a file onto their hard disk that is like that of the previous CD--and then can point their logging program or included lookup application at the data.

The option is under subscriptions (from the main QRZ.COM landing page) and is still called the QRZ CDROM Database Downloads - 1 year plan. You may download as many times as you wish--this information is in perfect sync to the daily callsign updates made to the main database.

9. CO2EJ

yes, i found it. the subscription of 1 year is about $50, and for 1 month is $20. i'm thinking to take the cheap one, download it, and use it for some months. of course it will be not updated after the download but i can work with it. isn't it?

tks, 73

10. W0SGM

W0SGM Ham Member QRZ Page

Well,I learned something then,I didn't know that,so I bought a Hamcall cd. I thought it was just internet based so I didn't even check into it..
    Scott KB0NAZ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.