ad: elecraft

QRZ Criticized Over Refusal to List K1MAN

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Nov 3, 2004.

?

QRZ Criticized Over Refusal to List K1MAN - Give us your opinion

1. Yes, I support QRZ's decision to de-list K1MAN

100.0%
  2. No, QRZ should list K1MAN and his viewpoints

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. N9LYA

N9LYA Ham Member QRZ Page

Gee.... I am out a here...

Too much giration... Someone must be playing with the server files...
    1st he is de-listed...
    2nd he is put back..
    3rd he is de-listed again..
    GEE...

No GTE Gigantic Tender Egos.

Who runs this place..
    [​IMG]

2. W0GI

W0GI Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe it's database propagation?

We are heading for a Sunspot low.....

W6NJ

3. K7JAZ

K7JAZ Guest

Yep, that pesky database QSB.

4. W0UZR

W0UZR Ham Member QRZ Page

I still get k1man, and FCC info.....

You don't get that when you type it in?

5. KZ8O

KZ8O Guest

Mr. fred pulled ve7kfm also if any body on here has herd that fool he makes baxter look like a angel. Listed to ve7kfm on 14.272 every night but bring your barf bag.

73 nd8v

Join the TOADINS NET ON 14.272 THE TRANSMITTING SCHEDULE 6:00am est to 4 pm est 365 days a year. Join the fun I encourage everyone to participate call in if only for a qsl or signal report. 73 GL GOOD LISTING ND8V THE BIG TOADY...

6. KZ8O

KZ8O Guest

Join the TOADINS NET ON 14.275 THE TRANSMITTING SCHEDULE 6:00am est to 4 pm est 365 days a year. Join the fun I encourage everyone to participate call in if only for a qsl or signal report. 73 GL GOOD LISTING ND8V THE BIG TOADY...
    From: Brian Crow Sent: Thursday, November 04, 2004 1:12 PM To: Riley Hollingsworth Subject: Regarding felony violations

Dear Riley,

Since K1MAN is currently broadcasting disinformation 24 hours a day; some hams will be confused about the law related to interference.

Is there anything illegal about using a frequency before a scheduled K1MAN bulletin, and are hams required to move off frequency if they are already using it, simply because he wants to broadcast his bulletin?

With your permission, I'd like to post your reply on the internet.

Thanks, K3VR

-------- Original Message --------

Subject: RE: Regarding felony violations Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 13:53:02 -0500 From: Riley Hollingsworth To: Brian Crow

A posted schedule is meaningless, and does not give him any right to reserve a frequency. Any licensed Amateur station on a frequency at any time does not have to move off when K1MAN starts up on the frequency. See the attached letter, April, 2004, paragraph 11. All frequencies are shared. Moreover, it is not deliberate interference for the Amateur station to stay on when K1MAN transmissions start up on top of him. This may be quoted or posted as anyone feels necessary.

Paragraph 11:

"Regarding deliberate interference, we receive continuing complaints, and our monitoring verifies, that your transmissions start up on top of existing communications of individual licensees as well as nets such as the Salvation Army Team Emergency Radio Network. Such operation constitutes deliberate interference. Stations engaging in ongoing communications are not obligated to stop transmitting when K1MAN wants to start transmitting on a frequency, and complainants are so advised by the Commission. You appear to believe that the publication of a transmission schedule gives you the right to begin transmitting on a certain frequency at a certain time, even if the frequency is occupied. It does not."

Paragraph 12:

"All frequencies in the Amateur Radio Service are shared-no frequency is assigned for the exclusive use of any station, and your Amateur station has no greater rights to a frequency at any particular time than any other Amateur station."

***CHECK OUT THIS LINK TO THE AAAR YOUR ALTERNATIVE TO THE AARN*** http://home.att.net/~k2pg/AARAparody/AARAparody.htm

ATTENTION ALL AMATEUR RADIO OPERATORS:

AN OPERATOR IN VICTORIA, B.C. CANADA HAS BEEN SPREADING MALICIOUS SLANDER REGARDING THE OPERATION OF MY STATION, PARTICULARLY ON 20 METERS. I HAVEN'T BEEN ON 14.275,274 OR 273 SINCE 11/07/03. CONTRARY TO POPULAR BELIEF THE DAILY QRMMING ON AND AROUND 14.275 IS NOT ME. THIS PERSON IS ALSO DISTRIBUTING VIA E-MAIL A MALICIOUS AND LIBELOUS ARTICLE HE AUTHORED CALLED "THE LIFE OF RILEY", CONCERNING MR. HOLLINGSWORTH - K4ZDH AND MANY U.S. AMATEUR RADIO OPERATORS.

VE7KFM has been observed, filed, and monitored on numerous occasions in open discussions seeking to create divisions, drive wedges, and undermine certain U.S. Government Agencies. We are currently waging a war with those that would tear our country apart and our people and our way of life. I think it in very poor taste that any american would defend this individual that has made it his mission in life to undermine our great country and our government officials. Riley Hollingsworth has played a significant roll in the reduction of troublemakers on amateur radio and is certainly not deserving of the slanderous remarks heaped upon him by VE7KFM. Any continued support of VE7KFM is only serving to empower VE7KFM into further acts of aggression against our country and against those that have been charged with the responsibility of governing our country and our institutions. I ask that everyone consider the wisdom of what I have said here and that you don't allow yourself to be influenced by VE7KFM. Give some thought to what you are doing and don't forget who you are. You're an American and these colors don't run. Tell that clever trickster up there in Canada to buzz off. "Life of Riley" indeed. Darn it all, all we got is each other and it's time to circle up the wagons man. It's US or THEM. God Bless America. 73deNR5T

Send complaint's to

Industry Canada Amateur Radio Service Centre P.O. Box 9654 Postal Station "T" Ottawa, ON K1G 6K9 Telephone: 1-888-780-3333 (Toll free

AMERICAN COMPLAINT'S TO Riley Hollingsworth rholling@fcc.gov 717 338-2502

73 mike

-----------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------

CLICK ON THE LINKS TO FIND OUT ABOUT THE REAL TRUTH about k1man.

K1MAN http://www.remote.arrl.org/news/enforcement_logs/2004/1002.html?nc=1

http://www.arrl.org/news/enforcement_logs/1999/0709.html

http://www.arrl.org/news/enforcement_logs/2002/0209.html

http://www2.arrl.org/arrlletter/99/0709/

Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:27 am Post subject: K1MAN Jams the Boy Scouts on 75M

------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -

I found this on one of the Amateur Radio Newsgroups, rec.radio.amateur.policy. I was in this QSO when this happened and it has been reported to Riley by me as well as a few others. Anyone else that heard this should also send in a report to Riley at rholling@fcc.gov Anyone know who wrote this? It's accurate and sounds professionally written to me.

K1MAN JAMS BOY SCOUTS

Mark Abramowicz, NT3V is the trustee of KC3BSA, the club station K1MAN deliberately interfered with last Saturday (Oct. 16, 2004) during the Scouts national Jamboree On The Air event.

Mark is also a reporter for AR Newsline. Hopefully Bill Pasternak will choose to run a story about K1MAN jamming boy scouts on 3.890.

It will be interesting to hear K1MAN explain the story of his own jamming on his bulletin.

Here's what happened:

A large group of Hams were talking on 3.890 MHz. As they chatted, two Boy Scout stations happened by the frequency.

VE3WIB and KC3BSA, with a total of nearly 80 Boy Scouts joined the conversation on 3.890. The scouts were having a great time, and the hams involved were excited to work these enthusiastic youngsters.

At 9:34 PM, long before even one quarter of the scouts had a chance to speak, K1MAN began the deliberate interference which ended their ham radio contacts.

In fact, WA1HOD, Chris Murdock, called K1MAN no less than 3 times to inform him that K1MAN was interfering with an ongoing QSO of "12-14 hams and some VEs" (Canadians).

"The righteous indignation is simply overflowing." Chris said.

What was Baxters reply?

Laughter and mockery of the situation.

Baxter: "Oh my goodness please don't tell Riley... please don't tell Riley."

And "(Laughing) Oh my goodness, oh woe is me, (laughing) please don't throw me in that briar patch, please don't throw me in that briar patch."

Controversy is no stranger to K1MAN. He has been accused of supplying radio equipment and aid to terrorists on the island of Bougainville.

More recently, Baxter invited a co-host to his bulletin, namely alleged racist, Richard Whiten, ex-WB2OTK, who was accused of deliberate interference and extreme racial slurs before turning in his own license for cancellation, after first claiming the license had been turned in by computer hackers.

It is also well known in the Ham community that the voice ID used by K1MAN, done by Walter Cronkite, is used against the journalist's express wishes, as outlined in a letter to K1MAN by Cronkite's lawyer, Ronald S. Konecky.

Hopefully, Baxters latest warning letter from the FCC signals the end of K1MAN's days on Amateur Radio.

7. KZ8O

KZ8O Guest

Join the American ragchewers and roundtable network (ARRN) ON 14.275 MHZ. THE TRANSMITTING SCHEDULE 6:00am est to 4 pm est 365 days a year. Join the fun I encourage everyone to participate call in if only for a qsl or signal report.
    NEWS FLASH DO SOMETHING GOOD FOR AMATURE RADIO JOIN THE ARRL YOU CAN FIND THEM AT >WWW.ARRL.ORG <

Special Counsel Riley Hollingsworth has endorsed a list of several points that he feels help to define the concept of "good amateur practice." Section 97.101(a) of the Amateur Radio Service rules refers to "good engineering and good amateur practice"--considered to refer to maintaining the highest standards of engineering and on-the-air comportment. But the rule lacks specifics.

"Good amateur practice is a hard thing to define," Hollingsworth conceded. "I'd have to say it's operating with the realization that frequencies are shared, that there's going to be occasional interference and that's no reason to become hateful and paranoid."

Hollingsworth says amateurs have to realize that more people than ever are listening in, especially since September 11, 2001, and that amateurs always need to remember that "our rights end where another person's begin."

According to Hollingsworth, good amateur practice means:

giving a little ground--even if you have a right not to--in order to help preserve Amateur Radio and not cause it to get a bad name or hasten the day when it becomes obsolete.

respecting band plans, because they make it possible for every mode to have a chance.

not transmitting a 6-kHz bandwidth signal when there are lots of people on the band.

not acting like an idiot just because you were stepped on.

being aware that we all love Amateur Radio, and there's no need to damage or disgrace it just to save face.

keeping personal conflicts off the air. Settle your arguments on the telephone, the Internet or in person. Just keep them off the air.

operating so that if a neighbor, niece or nephew or news reporter hears you, that person will be impressed with Amateur Radio.

realizing that every right carries responsibilities, and just because you may have a right to do certain things doesn't mean it's right to do them in every circumstance.

you don't "own" or get preference to use any frequency even though you've been on the same spot every morning for years shooting the breeze with Harry.

not operating so that whoever hears you becomes sorry they ever got into Amateur Radio in the first place. Hollingsworth notes that the list "doesn't touch on a lot of other technical issues, such as using 1500 W when your signal report received is 40 over 9." Good amateur practice, he said, "just means a lot of things that can't always be quantified."--thanks to Riley Hollingsworth

8. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder QRZ HQ Staff QRZ Page

Well, based on the poll results, it's clear that we have a consensus. I want to thank everyone who participated in the poll and the discussion that ensued.

-fred

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.