ad: HamHats-1

QRZ Criticized Over Refusal to List K1MAN

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Nov 3, 2004.

?

QRZ Criticized Over Refusal to List K1MAN - Give us your opinion

1. Yes, I support QRZ's decision to de-list K1MAN

100.0%
  2. No, QRZ should list K1MAN and his viewpoints

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. KI7DG/SK2024

KI7DG/SK2024 Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

OK and thanks Fred lets not stop with just one, there is one more we all could do with out. It has a 1x2 call.

2. K3ESE

K3ESE Ham Member QRZ Page

FREE SPEECH!!! That is SO funny. I guess he's way beyond the bend, now. You bad mans, keeping his tripe off your site!

3. N0NWO

N0NWO Ham Member QRZ Page

I had the privilege and delight to be able to tell Glen Baxter, on the air, that I felt he maw an embarrassment nd a black eye on all American amateurs. I explained to him that his overly long broadcast that had nothing to do with amateur radio were a disgrace and served to damage the cause instead of helping. Gawd it felt so good to be able to tell min that!

His reply was that I was "shooting from the hip."

Perhaps I was, but -- I sure hit the target dead center
    [​IMG]

Minton

4. N3IVK

N3IVK Ham Member QRZ Page

I read about a page of his webpage (K1MAN's) and fell asleep .  Someone send that man a antidepressant or maybe point him in the direction of Yahoo's personals section lol.  

Fred, you can kick people off anytime you want, you own the service, he doesn't. If he doesnt like it, then he can make his own.

I said it before, I will say it again, Fred your doing a good job with the board. Keep up the good work !

Matt N3IVK

5. KE0W

KE0W Ham Member QRZ Page

Is this the drunk guy who was calling CQ for a "true patriot" on 20m last weekend?  What a maroon!!

As an aside, you obviously made the right choice.  Good riddance to bad rubbish.

I just read his 'abbreviated' history of technical revolution in which he leaves out most of the major acheivements including the bronze age, iron age, smelting of ore, etc... The rest of them... ugh. Phoenician alphabet is 22 characters, not 26, it was not the first, ugaritic predates it by some degree. I hate it when a pseudointellectual moron spouts supposed truth in a public way because if you didn't know better you might think this person was right!!

6. W0IW

W0IW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

( k1MAN )

IS MORE OF A BROADCASTER...
    THAN A HAM.. HERE TO FURTHER OUR HOBBY!

His narrow views... his shortsighted one way opinions.. his bashing of figures in and out of office.. and his total disregards to rules and regs and most of all other total disregard to other hams operating on the ham bands legally by broadcasting his propaganda over them...
    Will be his down fall...

Glen.......take your broadcasting butt and buy a broadcasting station.... Sir and get off our ham bands !
    Today!

I AM (((KJØL)))

AND I APPROVE OF THIS MESSAGE!

--
    Remember Evil only survives when Good Men step back and do nothing!

See our web page at...
    http://www.kj0l.com

7. KD5OLK

KD5OLK Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG] I agree 100% on your right to delist K1MAN, he sounds like someone the FCC needs to deal with quickly..

gandalf

8. W5JON

W5JON Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Two weeks ago I sent a letter to the FCC informing them of the K1MAN interference to the Boy Scouts on 3.890 during JOTA on 10/16/04. There were more then 10 stations, on the frequency, for more then a hour prior to the startup of the K1MAN "broadcast". Many of the Scouts getting their first demo of Amateur Radio. An effort was made to QSY but due to the K1MAN "broadcast", many were lost or just left in frustration. K1MAN stated they should have known about his "broadcast" and/or just QSY, and it was the Boy Scouts fault.

I now understand because of the letter, this week on the K1MAN "broadcast" I am now a "hypocite" and a "twerp". However, I just consider the source, and consider it an Honorable Mention, from a person I have never spoke with on the radio,or EMailed.

Guess which way I voted above ...

John W5JON

9. K0RGR

K0RGR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

One wonders how long this fellow will be able to stretch the rules before the FCC snaps them back on him like a rubber band. You'd think he'd eventually grow tired of it.

10. NA4IT

NA4IT Ham Member QRZ Page

What I can't understand is that amateurs are supposed to be "self-policing", yet with all the complaints filed and his history with the FCC, they continue to let him operate. Come on, Riley! Kick him to the curb!

Good job, Fred!

11. W4AMP

W4AMP Ham Member QRZ Page

Finally a QRZ thread that everyone agrees with. Having to listen to K1MAN's nervous breakdown on the air is bad enough. The dx'ers love him! Do a search here for K1MAN:
    http://oh2w.kolumbus.com/dxs/qin.html

Why the commission has not loaded up his crap into a panel truck and hauled it away is beyond me. FCC enforcement continues to be biased and uneven across the board. I guess after they rammed BPL down our throat we should not expect much.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. K9REH

K9REH Ham Member QRZ Page

Sound decision Fred, we don't need any of his diatribe here. Not only is he a bad example of an amateur, along with his FCC violations, he is also a plagerist.

Rick
    K9REH

13. K7JAZ

K7JAZ Guest

This Baxter guy is certifiably insane!  Have you read his letters to Riley?  He has a page in his website too, a photo of himself and his "girlfriend" pet tiger, the caption says they both anxiously await Riley's visit!  That sure sounds like a thinly veiled threat to my ears; "come on Riley, my tiger and I are waiting for you"....!  The one thing I don't understand, is why the FCC is not doing something.....unless they're afraid of the tiger.....they need to take a couple guys with automatic weapons with them (for the tiger if necessary) and go get this guy, and his little kitty too!

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Great work Fred! I completely agree with your decision, along with 98.9% of everyone who has voted so far. I'll bet this percentage continues to grow.

73, Mike

15. W7DME

W7DME Ham Member QRZ Page

I have to say that I agree with everything I read on this thread. Freedom of speech is a guarantee by our Government and is a restriction of Government, not businesses or individuals. If it were, we would have to stand and listen to any idiot that wants to "Say" something or break the law by leaving.

Ever see the sign in a resterraunt that says "We reserver the RIGHT to refuse service to anyone!" ? You have that RIGHT as well. Good job and thank you for sparing us from that person. I read a bit of his web page, that is, enough to know that I want nothing to do with him.

Mike - K7OV

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.