QRZ Code of Conduct

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N2EY, Sep 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It does for me, too. There are, however, some people on here for whom that number is very important indeed.

W4RAV and N3AWS like this.
  2. KD8TUT

KD8TUT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I just hope that discussions veer towards amateur radio and away from politics and e-peen measuring.

N2EY, N3AWS and WZ7U like this.
  3. WZ7U

WZ7U Subscriber QRZ Page

Now that makes sense. I'm not enough of a computer nerd to come up with that on my own, hence my now apparent goofy statement.

Too bad the world has to be this way.

On edit - Plus, I don't care how many lookups a fella has, or how many likes vs post count either. I do like using the last statistic on the induhvidual in reference because I know its a point of warped personal pride for the guy. Otherwise, it matters not; but I am impressed (correctly or not) when I look up a call of an interesting station in rag chew and see tens of thousands of lookups. Makes me think that person would be interesting to converse with.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    KC8VWM likes this.
  4. K1OIK

K1OIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

It was the lookup number that told us that the new ARRL CEO was not active.
    It is a rough guide. Many of the ARRL female licensed employees have under 500 lookup numbers, indicates they may hold a license but not even own a rig.

WE4B likes this.
  5. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

I think you're not alone. A lot of people misunderstand the intention for some of the rules.

It's not a perfect world and neither one of us are perfect individuals. I just try to help others to understand.

N3AWS and WZ7U like this.
  6. N4NYK

N4NYK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

How high a number is indicative of being acceptably active? How high a number indicates that any other operator is active?
    1000, 3000, 6000, 100,000....?

N2EY likes this.
  7. K1OIK

K1OIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

My daughter has 1500 and has not been on the air in 27 years. I would guess 3000 means somewhat active but there are many other factors. Activity can be just experimenting with technology so obviously can be misleading.

8. WZ7U

WZ7U Subscriber QRZ Page

That number for your daughter would be much lower if you hadn't brought up her abilities early in life several times a year.

Nothing wrong with being a proud papa, but I suspect the number is inflated from where it otherwise would be.

N2EY and K4MSM like this.
  9. KB1PA

KB1PA Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Lookup numbers from where? The FCC? What percentage of licensed hams are members here?
    I bet 95% of full time ARRL employees have never heard of this site. Its not a statistically valid measure.

N2EY likes this.
  10. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

My lookup count is 1,000,001.

Because I set it at 1,000,000 just now, and then looked myself up.

N2EY, KU4X and WZ7U like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.