QRZ AWARDS

Discussion in 'QRZ Operating Awards' started by K1KEN, Nov 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K1KEN

K1KEN Ham Member QRZ Page

When will Qrz awards be expected to be activated to be able to claim awards ?

2. N0AMT

N0AMT Ham Member QRZ Page

Awards will become available to all in December!

3. F6GWP

F6GWP Ham Member QRZ Page

Before thinking about awards availability, how can we improve the QRZ logbook usage? Low confirmation will invalidate interest in awards, my present confirm % is ~6%!! I started using the logbook, after the update, but I think that many people dropped out at that time?? Maybe I'll join them if it doesn't improve, at the moment it is rather a waste of time ....................... P.W.

4. N0AMT

N0AMT Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi P.W.,

Just this Tuesday we investigated our confirmation percentage, QRZ Logbook-wide, as compared to LoTW. Here is the raw data:

According to LoTW, they currently have:
    624,584,463 QSOs
    98,263,996 Confirmations
    71,321 Users
    Confirmation Percentage: 15.73%

QRZ Logbook currently has:
    71,633,846 QSOs
    13,030,089 Confirmations
    93,226 Users with 98,162 Logbooks
    Confirmation Percentage: 18.18%

Now, this is QRZ Logbook-wide. Individual confirmation rates can and do vary.

Since our confirmation system is similar in nature to that of LoTW, it's no surprise that our system yields confirmation rates that aren't drastically different from LoTWs.

It is my belief that generally speaking, people don't use LoTW because it is fun. People use LoTW as a tool for achieving awards, and to help others achieve awards as well. Awards are an incentive for the use of these Logbook systems. I do believe that providing awards is itself a method to improve participation, and therefore improve confirmation rates.

Although our confirmation rate is higher than LoTW presently, the simple fact of the matter is that they have over 624 million records, to our 71 million. We do need to keep in mind that LoTW has been around for 11 years, and QRZ Logbook V2 has been around for less than 1. We are always working to improve the system and add features to make it more appealing, and awards is just one of those features. We're always open to hearing your suggestions.

Thanks for your comments.

5. K7JBQ

K7JBQ Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

A comment:

My own "awards summary" has all 50 states confirmed, and a surprising amount of DX confirmed, though it looks from my results that US stations use QRZ.com more than DX stations. To Fred, Alex and all involved, congratulations on a great effort.

Bill

6. K1KEN

K1KEN Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks everyone .

Ken

K1ken

7. KD0CAC

KD0CAC Ham Member QRZ Page

Want to say thanks for the site and all that goes on here .
    Generally just seeing the numbers work for me , I use paper and pencil at home & then enter info later on QRZ .
    I notice when looking at the tally's , there are some on most rewards pages that say something like 6 did not count because of no , wrong info , in most cases the missing or wrong info is something that is recorded by the system not me ?
    Its enough for me , but if someone else is looking for something to hang on the wall , they need it .

8. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

QRZed Awards?
    "MOST POSTS"
    "MOST ENTERTAINING POSTER"
    "MOST BELOVED POSTER"
    "ULTIMATE TROLL"
    "BEST WIT"
    "MOST OBNOXIOUS POSTER"
    "BEST OVERALL POSTER"
    "MOST INTELLIGENT POSTER"

9. K7JBQ

K7JBQ Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Pat,

You're up for at least two of them.

Bill

10. N9GUE

N9GUE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

i think my confirm rate is higher than average. Mostly because I have imported Lotw and Eqsl into the QRZ log. I still do not know how to import the 188 countries I have on 10 meters or the mixed 212 countries from LOTW. The site will not accept them and says I am not the owner of the logs. 73 Fred N9GUE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.