ad: ProAudio-1

QRZ Announces Secondary Callsign and LoTW Support

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, May 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. N6JRZ

N6JRZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I can not find Step 5 any where on the log book section. I do not have an Admin button on my log book. Any idears where I can access that section so I can get my log book set up? I would really like to start uploading to LOTW again. Tnx in advanced

Last edited: May 18, 2014
  2. W5LMM

W5LMM Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

THANKS FRED!!!!

3. N0AMT

N0AMT Ham Member QRZ Page

Well! I just realized there is a critical step missing in the instruction guide. Before Step 5, click on "SETTINGS" -- Nobody has Admin but a few of the QRZ Staff.. I should have caught that to avoid confusion. :)

4. G3SQU

G3SQU Ham Member QRZ Page

I have created two secondary callsigns but find I am unable to enter any QSO data. The links from the Details allow me to link between all 3 of the Biography and Details pages OK. However, although I can select the secondary callsigns from the drop-down menu on the logbook page, I cannot select their logbooks - everything I try reverts me back to the Main callsign logbook. I have tried to input an ADIF file with the secondary callsign but that also added the QSOs to Main logbook and did not assign the secondary callsign to the QSO. By going through a friends QRZ account and trying to add a QSO that way I discovered that the secondary callsign has valid date range that is over a year old, so perhaps that is the reason. But how did that date range get set and how can I change it? Also, if I want to start again with my secondary callsigns, how do I delete an existing secondary callsign?
    73 Chris G3SQU

5. N6JRZ

I did that. It seems one must still have a subscription of some kind in order to utilize uploading to LOTW. I click setup on the LOTW Access and get a pop up window telling me:
    An active Subscription with the XML option is required to export your logbook data, or access LoTW directly.

To subscribe, please visit the QRZ Subscription Center

Either I am missing a step some where or nothing has really changed. I can not afford a sub any time soon. Can you please elaborate on this? Do folks still need to have a sub in order to utilize LOTW support? If so then despite the valiant effort of Fred and the staff, those of us living on SSDI and limited incomes can not use the feature. :(

6. KD0CAC

KD0CAC Ham Member QRZ Page

I may have to give log-book-of-world another try ;)
    Thanks Fred
    John

7. PT2EBR

PT2EBR Ham Member QRZ Page

Amazing changes! QRZ is just getting better day by day... One suggestion, if I may, is to display the number of past QSOs you made with a station right when perform a callsign search. Nowadays, this information is only displayed when you click to register a new QSO. 73!

8. N0AMT

Just trying to be sure that I understand correctly, are you talking about when you click the logbook tab on one of the secondary callsigns biography and you see two quotes: ""?

Adding secondary callsign biographies does not automatically create secondary callsign logbooks. You do that by selecting "New Logbook..." from the logbook dropdown menu next to the "Add QSO" button in Logbook.

9. N0AMT

Hi Joe,

LoTW integration with QRZ Logbook is a feature available to subscribers. See this snip from Fred's announcement message.

Off topic: I am envious of your station!

10. G3SQU

G3SQU Ham Member QRZ Page

Ah that's it: I had selected the secondary call from the drop down menu imagining that meant I was selecting a call book. So the drop down menu was giving me the available callsigns, but actually was inviting me to select "New Callbook" and then key in, rather than select, the appropriate secondary callsign in the callbook creation page, after clicking on the "Add QSO" button. Got it! Thanks.

11. N6JRZ

LOTW integration has always been available to subscribers that's nothing new. I know because when I got my SSDI settlement not only did I begin obtaining my current station, I subbed here for what I thought was 2 years. I was downloading my logbook here and then uploading it to LOTW. However, when my sub lapsed, I was no longer able to DL my logs from here in order to upload them to LOTW which is rather disappointing to say the least. I guess I misunderstood the announcement Fred posted about it. I was lead to believe that non subbed folks could now DL their logs w/o a sub and begin uploading to LOTW.
    I guess I'm back in the same boat, again!!
    Tnx any ways for something that has always been available to subbed folks!

12. N0AMT

Sorry Joe, it seems there's a misunderstanding. It's true, ADIF download from QRZ Logbook has always been a feature for subscribers. What we've just announced is automated importing to LoTW direct from QRZ Logbook. Subscribers no longer need to download their ADIF, pick the QSOs out that they want to send to LoTW, sign with TQSL, then upload to ARRL.

Instead, they can just select the QSOs in QRZ Logbook and click "Send to LoTW." -- QRZ takes care of the rest.

I do understand that you would prefer it to be a free feature. I'm sorry that is not the case.

On the bright side, subscriptions are cheap! Less than $2.50 per month! LoTW integration is only a small part of what you get with an XML subscription.

13. K8HTL

K8HTL Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Progressive....awesome!

14. KB2HSH

KB2HSH Ham Member QRZ Page

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

Thank you for all of the "value added" features you're adding!!!

I HAVE to become a paid member now!

73 de KB2HSH
    Springbrook, NY

15. K0GID

K0GID Ham Member QRZ Page

I have tried several times to set up the LOTW import certificate. I have received two different error messages, one is "the LotW Certificate/key you provided is invalid" the other says the information in the file does not match the qrz information. I only have the one call sign so not sure how to rectify this. K0GID

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.