QRS Code Practice "net"?

Discussion in 'Straight Keys - CW Enthusiasts' started by WF4W, May 23, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. WM6L

WM6L Ham Member QRZ Page

I would join in on this as a new CW op i could make good use of it i believe. I do love SKCC though because they will go slow just need to get more "radio" time so i can get a lot more QSO's :)

2. VE7JBX

VE7JBX Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, one person does not make a net - but also being in search of QRS code practice (online exercise is helpful but not as much as the vagaries of real propagation and fists) - I'm on or about 7022 kHz pretty much every weekday morning between 1500 and 1545Z (0800 - 0845 PDT) calling CQ QRS, and delighted to make contacts as I have a coffee before going to work. I'm comfortable at about 10 - 13 wpm but perfectly happy to do 5, too. (Come at me at 25 wpm and I'll get about half of the characters and all of the common things like 73 QTH TU 5NN etc... but that doesn't make for much of a QSO).
    RBN shows me getting out to OR, CA, NV, UT, AZ, AB very reliably. If you're in that general area and on the air at that time of the morning and looking for a QRS contact, look me up!

Who knows... if enough of us start to meet at one time and frequency, a net might evolve.