QRPGuys QRP DSB Digital Transceiver

Discussion in 'QRP Corner' started by WA4MNT, Oct 1, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. WA4MNT

WA4MNT Ham Member QRZ Page

We are pleased to offer the QRPGuys DSB Digital Transceiver kit. It includes three easily changed FT8 band modules for 40/30/20m. The kit uses all thru hole components. Price is $40. We are also offering bare band module pcb's for those wanting to experiment with different bands and modes, 4 for $10. Come by and see it at <https://qrpguys.com/digital-transceiver>.

ken - wa4mnt
    www.qrpguys.com

YF8RQN, K4HAS and AG5DB like this.
  2. G0PJO

G0PJO Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi,

I've recently built your DBS Transceiver kit and I'm very pleased with it. Here in the UK I am hearing stations in Austalia which couldn't be further away!

On the TX side I've noticed that on 40m i'm getting around 4 Watts out and on 20m I'm getting about 1 Watt. I was wondering if I should be expecting more on 20m and, if so, what I may have done wrong? Perhaps I need to look at the plug-in board?

Many thanks

Martin
    G0PJO

3. W4KJG

W4KJG Subscriber QRZ Page

I would just like to say how impressed I am with the QRP Guys and a few others like them. QRP Guys are filling the type of gap that small shops like Ten Tec, Palomar, and a few others started in the 1970s. They've got too many great projects for my amount of spare time! And their prices ...
    :):):)

4. N8TGQ

N8TGQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Ive built and used a few QRPGuys kits also and enjoyed all of them. Great value for the money spent!
    I have been trying to figure out how I would interface the transceiver kit to an android tablet. I would like to try the digital stuff without springing for a full-blown laptop and not at all interested in the raspberry pi stuff.

5. W4KJG

N8THQ -- I managed to blow up my good Android tablet trying to provide power and control to the tablet and my SDR. I replaced that tablet with a small Chromebook which runs Android and Linux. I absolutely love it.

The keyboard can be folded back so it operates like a tablet, or the keyboard can be used like it is a small laptop. It has two USB 3.0 ports and a separate power supply. The battery lasts at least 8 hours on a full charge. It also has an HDMI port, and I have used it in place of my desktop computer in the shack with my big monitor.

Ken

6. KC4DYM

KC4DYM Ham Member QRZ Page

Ken
    What brand did you buy ?
    Thanks
    Ray
    KC4DYM

7. W4KJG

I bought an Acer Chromebook R11 2-in-1 32 GB package. It is a little bigger and heavier than I really wanted to replace my 9" Samsung tablet. However, my older HP laptop died about a year ago, and I missed having it. This filled the niche for a tablet and laptop. I got it on sale through Amazon Prime for just under $200 last October or November. I've been very happy with it. It is my primary digital machine.