QRP Portable - with a small profile antenna

Discussion in 'QRP Corner' started by N1KTJ, Apr 25, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. W6OGC

W6OGC Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry for the delay. I just saw this now.

The site is www.DJ0IP.de.

Sorry for fat-fingering the call sign earlier.

2. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I've been playing around with stealth antennas since getting relicensed. I'm glad to share my experience.
    Anything indoors or totally hidden outdoors was just too limiting for me. Yes they did work. However I tired of listening to way too many one sided discussions and all signals were weak. I never got to employ my receiver's IPO or ATT capabilities. In my opinion if an antenna does not have a good clear shot to the sky it won't perform very well. I finally decided on a sloping inverted V using fine wire. I do have a coax cable running down the side of my house and a balun visible under a roof eave. The supporting ropes terminate on bird feeder stanchions in my back yard. So far no complaints. I can see the fine wires if close enough but I know what I'm looking for. Most outside my property line would never see it. The performance over my previous stealth attempts have been wonderful. Operating is much more enjoyable! I'm thinking about a fine wire into the trees behind my house. I would get much more elevation, however, the trees are actually in a narrow greenbelt considered to be common property.