QRP kits. Worth buying?

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by E78JNA, Jun 11, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-BCInc
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. E78JNA

E78JNA Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm watching the qrp kit on the internet and I see hundreds of them. Does anyone have schemes of some qrp and modem that can be made.

2. KL7KN

KL7KN Ham Member QRZ Page

Are you asking a specific type of kit, or, are you wanting to copy and existing kit?

Two offerings recently seen are considered a very good product and an excellent price

The uBITX (http://www.hfsignals.com/) is priced at $129 USD. or about 214 BAM (plus taxes, import fees etc) All band, CW and SSB - and very 'hackable"

The other kit of note is the QRP Labs kit "QRX". A single band with built in test equipment and other great features. Selling at $49 USD, or about 82 BAM.

IS this the kind of information you are seking?

3. K8PG

K8PG Subscriber QRZ Page

I like the Oakhills QRP kits.
    see them at Morse Express.
    MFJ cw QRP kits are nice also,

4. K3UJ

K3UJ Ham Member QRZ Page

5. KH2BR

KH2BR Ham Member QRZ Page

http://www.jumaradio.com has released PCB gerber files of there retired kits.
    You make your own board and source your own parts.

6. E78JNA

I mean this kind of device, but I do it. So I'm looking for a scheme

7. E78JNA

Im looking for a QRP device scheme for all bands and all mode

8. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

There are a plethora of used QRP rigs for sale at any given time. I think many are intrigued by the concept but then find how much dedication it takes and lose their ardor for QRP. I also think many are more into kit building than they are into actual operating. Especially in the QRP area. So what is your priority...kit building or operating?

9. US7IGN

US7IGN Ham Member QRZ Page

10. K2CAJ

K2CAJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi,

I got the uBITX working and I thought it was a fun radio that was worth the money, but you should expect that you will hack it a little---it's not intended as an end-user radio. Also, it is designed for SSB, and I believe it needs to be hacked with a bit in order to work well on CW.