QRP from home - what are you running?

Discussion in 'QRP Corner' started by KC3RN, Jan 10, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. W7HV

W7HV Ham Member QRZ Page

I should mention that all the stuff in that altoids Mini-Boots amp is crammed in one corner to allow room for 3 more band pass filters and band pass switch. It's only 40m now, but I planned on adding 3 more bands. It does about 10W driven by the Rockmite.

WN1MB likes this.
  2. K1CWB

K1CWB Ham Member QRZ Page

I run a Yaesu FT-818 and a homemade end fed wire antenna with a 9:1 matchbox that I also cobbled together. The antenna is resonant on a couple bands but all other bands require the LDG Z817 tuner that sits on top of the rig. Both the FT-818 and tuner sit on top of an Astron RS-7A power supply on my kitchen table. I also have a few different battery options when portable or back yard portable. All I do right now is QRP phone, the majority of that is SSB and then a little AM on 40 meters. I might get a 100 watt rig in the near future but for now I'm enjoying my little station and having a lot of fun working the world with QRP and a wire.

F8WBD, KE8OKM and WN1MB like this.
  3. KD5TXX

KD5TXX Ham Member QRZ Page

I’ve been using my KX2 through 75 feet of cox to a PAR EF 40-20-10. I’m amazed by how this gets contacts. I really like this radio...

4. F8WBD

F8WBD Ham Member QRZ Page

Had a number of QRP rigs over many years. OHR, Early Argonauts, HW8, K1. Now running Kwood TS-120V/TS-130V on 20 meter cw near skcc and QRP hangouts. Short wire antenna and straight keys. Not much DX lately but that's ok. I just redefine what DX is relative to a 5 watt output. Nice memory of working Japan and Australia from here with the HW8. Stay with it. Be well. 72 de Dick.

KE8OKM and WN1MB like this.
  5. N3PM

N3PM Ham Member QRZ Page

Added an Argonaut 5 to the desk. Not a bad radio. Lot different than the 505s and 509s that I had.
    Mike N3PM

WN1MB and KC7JNJ like this.
  6. K7WFM

K7WFM Ham Member QRZ Page

FT991A turned down to 5 watts running to a 66 foot long doublet ^ 25 feet.

7. KI5GKD

KI5GKD Ham Member QRZ Page

I just cabled together a uBITX V6 and run it into an inverted vee up about 20'. Works pretty good so far and have logged 2 > 600 mi QSOs and checked into both 20 and 40 m OMISS nets.