QRP at Hamvention

Discussion in 'QRP Corner' started by N8TGQ, Apr 29, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. N8TGQ

N8TGQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Are there any QRP vendors making the trip to Hamvention this year? I would love to pick up some parts and maybe a kit or two.

2. KB9BVN

KB9BVN Ham Member QRZ Page

Stop by the Holiday Inn in Fairborn Ohio on Thursday Night for QRP Vendor night at the Four Days in May conference. No ticket required. 8PM to 10PM

WD3N likes this.
  3. WD3N

WD3N Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

QRP labs will be in tent 6 booth 6612 friday through sunday.
    They will be at Fairborn holiday in on thursday for FDIM.

KB9BVN likes this.
  4. KD8ZM

KD8ZM Ham Member QRZ Page

Question regarding Four Days in May: I visited the FDIM website and it looked like everything is happening on Wednesday through Friday (which is only three days in May). Naturally, I have a business meeting I can't get out of on Thursday night and Friday morning, so can't attend. :(
    Is there anything else FDIM related occurring on Saturday when I can attend?

5. KB9BVN

All times are Eastern Daylight Time (UTC -4)

Wednesday May 15 - Registration from 7:30PM to 9:30PM - Challenger Room

Thursday May 16 - Registration starts at 7:30AM Outside the Ballroom

Make sure you pick up your FDIM badge from the registration table

Thursday May 16 - Seminars

Beginning at 9AM and breaking at 10:45AM

Restarting at 11:00AM

Lunch is from 12:30PM to 1:30PM

Restarting at 1:30PM and ending at 3:00PM

7PM to 8PM - Vendor registration and setup - Main Ballroom, no public access

8PM to 10PM - Vendor Night

Friday May 17th

3PM to 8PM - Buildathon with Rex Harper W1REX - Challenger Discovery Room, you must be pre-registered.

7PM to 8PM - Club Registration and setup in the Main Ballroom, no public access

7PM to 8PM - Show and Tell Homebrew Contest Registration and setup in Ballroom

8PM to 9PM - Homebrew Contest Judging in the Ballroom

8PM to 10PM - Radio Show and Tell in the Ballroom

8PM to 10Pm - Club Night in the Ballroom

Saturday May 18th

7PM - Awards Ceremony and Grand Banquet in Ballroom

9PM - Post Banquet Chat Sessions, bring your QSL cards to trade

Sunday May 19th

Hamvention and head back home

If you have any questions please let us know !

KD8ZM likes this.
  6. N8TGQ

N8TGQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Unfortunately, not much QRP action actually AT the hamvention, Brady. The closest thing I saw on the forums schedule was the SOTA group on Saturday. Their schedule:

Just in case anyone has not seen the discussions on the SOTA Reflector, here are planned SOTA activities (all on Saturday, May 18):

1. Saturday 9:15am - 10:15am - Forum Room #5 - Summits On The Air Hamvention Forum

2. Saturday 1:00pm - 1:45pm - Meetup between Buildings 2 and 3 (or just inside Bldg 2 if raining)

3. Saturday 2:00pm - 3:00pm - Volta Building Ham Radio 2.0 Booth - SOTA Presentation by K9IR
    Hope to meet up with you there, Brady. I just moved back to Fairborn. We can compare MTR-3b notes!

Rick N8TGQ

KD8ZM likes this.
  7. KB9BVN

QRP Vendor Night is tonight May 16 at 8PM until 10Pm at the Holiday Inn in Fairborn Ohio. No charge.

8. KD8ZM

KD8ZM Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry I missed you, Rick. Welcome back to the area. I bet we will work each other soon, given your proximity and we both do CW. 73!
    Brady