ad: Schulman-1

SOLD QRP 160-10 meter Recent RS-918, 15 watt

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by AC7AV, Sep 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. AC7AV

AC7AV Ham Member QRZ Page

I have for sale or trade an interesting little QRP radio. The radio description from the manufacture of, HF SDR Transceiver I would say is not completely accurate in their advertising but it doesn't take away from the customization that can be done to the display and operation of this little radio. First let me explain that. This radio can not be computer controlled. I know, not very SDR then is it. Well thats what I said too. But, in any case, it is firmware upgradeable and the manufacture has been very quick at answering questions and even came up with an update for some quarks I was noticing with the radios meter operation and TX power level settings. They also fixed a software crash issue with the DSP filtering, in the time I have had it.

So now on to the radio itself. The radio can be customized in almost every aspect of the display. The display is also touch screen, but it works best with a stylus, at least with big fat fingers like mine. You can change position of meters, colors, size of the live panadapter or change it to waterfall, in rainbow colors, adjust speed, contrast and amplitude of the signals on the display waterfall or spectrum scope. It can show most operating parameters of the radio from voltage, temperature, SWR, power, modulation meter, and AGC. The radio does put out a full 15 watts on full power, and power is selectable down to .5 watt. The receiver filtering is also very nice. It is not variable but it has about 20 selections from 200hz to 10kHz wide. Plus peek filters and noise filter. Anyway the list goes on and on. It is very heavily menu driven and some of the items are not very intuitive, at least to me.

Included extras that do not come standard with the radio.
    I am including
    linear power supply capable of operating this radio
    Two Yaesu battery packs that were designed to operate the Yaesu FT897d
    My plain was to build this rig into a carrying case to do SOTA stuff but I decided to just go mobile and installed a 100 watt rig in the van.
    I also have the rapid charger for the batteries.
    I do not have an extra Yaesu plug to send with rapid charger, so you will need to wire up one to use it. The rapid charger will also run off of the included power supply. I ran my Yaesu FT897d off of this power supply for a couple of years, no not at 100 watts, I was running 25 watts or less, using the batteries and the rapid charger.
    I am also including a nice new keyer. I bought 3 of these keys and I only ever use one, so ' throwing it in for good measure for any CW people. Yes I know, its not a Bencher, but I have both the BY-1 and this MFJ. The MFJ is not so bad once you set it up to your liking.

Any questions, and I know you'll have some. You can send them directly to my QRZ email address or here.

I would prefer an even trade but will consider any trades. I am not interested in VHF / UHF gear, but I am in the market for a good 2 meter, 440, duel band vertical antenna with some gain. I am also in need of a good PEP reading meter, and a good dummy load capable of 100 watt continuous power. I would also like a Tempo 2020 with external speaker and VFO, in working condition. Just trying to live in the past a bit. That was my first radio setup. Wish I still had it. I like any radio manufacture, but have never owned a Kenwood. So anyone wanting to triad for a Kenwood? HF radios only please. So for trade value, lets say $5XX ish range.

As for selling the setup, make me an offer. I could go on to say how much it all cost new and mark it down 20% but look, lets be honest, no one cares what it cost new, what is it worth today is what matters. Its worth what you want to pay for it, so shoot me an offer.

And if anyone would like to set up a sked to hear the radio on the air, we can give it a try but with the band conditions like they have been, well you know. Anyway I only have 20 meters in the shack with a 3 element monobander.

Youtube video

P1290427.JPG P1290429.JPG P1290430.JPG P1290434.JPG P1290437.JPG P1290440.JPG P1290442.JPG P1290443.JPG P1290444.JPG IMAG0406.jpg

2. K2TGW

K2TGW Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi, I have a Uniden Truck Tracking Scanner - BCD996XT with the box and all the parts. Trade ? I can send pictures.

Les, K2TGW k2tgw@arrl.net

3. W1SRR

W1SRR Ham Member QRZ Page

This is intriguing me. I am really looking for an FT-817ND but will research this radio of yours further. I have an ad up for my IC-718 for trade.

4. AC7AV

Hi Mike,
    Ya I saw your ad yesterday about the trade. I didn't drop you a line because it looked like you were set on the 817. This radio I have is not your main stream market brand radio. Almost no one has heard of it. It looks to be a completed assembled version of a kit that is available on the market. It is said to be a mcHF clone, but it could be a assembled version since it looks to be identical from what I can see.

Here is a Youtube of one in operation. My radio has black buttons that are labeled. This white button version seem to be an earlier build. I can see it also has an earlier version of the firmware.

W1SRR likes this.
  5. AC7AV

Hi Les,
    Can you sent me a picture of the scanner? I tried to do a search on it but I see a number of different looking rigs that come up with that model number.
    Thanks.

6. W1SRR

W1SRR Ham Member QRZ Page

I am watching a bunch of videos on your rig right now. Still leaning towards an 817ND, thanks again

7. AC7AV

Okay, so I have a correction on the radio to computer control. It seems that the radio will connect to HRD. HRD needs to be in FT817 mode to connect to this radio.

W1SRR likes this.
  8. WX5DL

WX5DL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Will trade index Labs qrp+ which does transmit on ALL hf bands including 10m. See video of the exact radio I am offering on YouTube search: index Labs qrp+ test David Lowry.

9. N8BDK

N8BDK Ham Member QRZ Page

Still available? Erik, please check your Yahoo email.

10. AC7AV

The radio was traded a long time ago, please mark as sold.
    Thanks.
    Erik

11. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.