QRO remote tuner

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by W4CWL, Jun 21, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W4CWL

W4CWL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Is there a commercially available REMOTE antenna tuner capable of handling legal limit power other than the MFJ-998RT? I know LDG makes a 600w remote tuner, but that's the closest I could find.

2. AB6RF

AB6RF Ham Member QRZ Page

K0UO likes this.
  3. KD2ACO

KD2ACO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

4. K0OKS

K0OKS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The 998 is actually a very nice tuner, and well worth considering unless you are planing on high power high duty cycle work. For SSB it’s pretty slick.

K0UO likes this.
  5. W4CWL

W4CWL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

For the low low price of 3200 Euro, I think I'll buy 10 of em... Ha!
    Thanks for the link though. That's a nice piece of kit.

6. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I agree, the 998 can do the job up to 1kw pep and 8 to1, lower swr then up to 1.5 kw

K0UO Rhombic Antenna Farm is located at the Kansas QTH with over "Two miles of Wire in the Air & On the Air".

7. KU3X

KU3X Ham Member QRZ Page

I am sure you have your reasons, but for me there would be no other choice than the MFJ998RT.

I have the MFJ 929 and it is far superior than the LDG. The 998 is just a big 929.

Barry

8. K0OKS

K0OKS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Also, unlike a lot of MFJ stuff my 998 is beautifully assembled. It is a very nice circuit board and only has a few hand soldered parts/connections (which MFJ is often known for botching).

KD2ACO and KU3X like this.