ad: Radclub22-1

QRM DMR Network status report

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by KC3OL, Jun 23, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KC3OL

KC3OL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The QRM DMR Network has been up and running for about 15 months. At the present time there have been about 25 talk groups assigned. The server is in a cloud that is located in Chicago. The network address of the DMR server is qrm.kc3ol.net. The port number is 62031, and the password is passw0rd. That's a zero in the password and not an o. The dashboard URL is http://kc3ol.net. If anyone would like to have their own talk group on this network just contact me with the name and number you would like assigned. You can find more info about this network on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/qrm.kc3ol.net
    73, Ted, KC3OL email is ted.holdahl@gmail.com

YF8RQN and N1VAU like this.
  2. N3FAA

N3FAA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Good on you for putting it together, but there are already too many DMR networks as it is.

KB0RTQ likes this.
  3. KB0RTQ

KB0RTQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Agreed. I respect the level of expertise it takes to put that together, but in my opinion, all of the digital systems and thousands of talkgroups (90% of them unused), are like the 2m and 440 repeater craze that took place in the 80's and 90's. Everyone put their own repeater on the air and attracted a half dozen users each - and then the locals would complain that the previously busy popular repeater was dead. Well duh! You're gonna get that. I know of which I speak, because I was one of those who mistakenly thought I'd put up a repeater or two (with help) and my system would be the best. I was wrong. I basically helped to splinter the local ham community and I regret it to this day.

Talkgroups are the digital equivalent in my opinion. Yippee I have my own system or my own talkgroup. I'll monitor it 24/7 and hope and pray for a kerchunk.

My point is, Ted, I wish you all the best in your new system and I have no doubt you've put a ton of blood sweat and tears into building it (not to mention brain cells) but you may not get a ton of converts when there are already so many choices and talkgroups already out there.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
    N3FAA likes this.