Q signals

Discussion in 'Straight Keys - CW Enthusiasts' started by KB4MNG, Aug 29, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. KB4MNG

KB4MNG Ham Member QRZ Page

I thought about down loading the q signals and start using them. Then I wonder if anyone would know them. Anyone still use them?

2. KB1CKT

KB1CKT Ham Member QRZ Page

qth, qsl, qrn, qrm.... Nets use qnb, qni, maybe some others. But I have not heard outside of that.

Can't to print off a list and leave the radio. Read it a few times, maybe once a month to refresh the memory.

3. N7ZAL

N7ZAL Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes and they are in the ARRL log book.

4. AG6QR

AG6QR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The ones I hear reasonably frequently: QRL, QRM, QRN, QRO, QRP, QRQ, QRS, QRT, QRU, QRZ, QSB, QSK, QSL, QSO, QSY, QTH, QST. The QN.. ones are used on nets, but basically only there. If you participate in those nets, you'll learn them quickly.

5. K7KBN

K7KBN Ham Member QRZ Page

If IMI, QRU?

AA4OO likes this.
  6. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

wasn't that a song by The WHO ?? "Q are you"............:rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
    MM0HVU likes this.
  7. N8AFT

N8AFT Subscriber QRZ Page

I use QRU? as a nice way to indicate I'm about ready to end the QSO. I sometimes am asked what it means.
    On the average most every CW operator I run across knows and uses Q signals. VY 73 lane

8. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

lol... I really mess 'em up !! After years of being a Coastal station CW operator, I'll end a QSO with "nw hr NIL",... 73 SK de ..........

Btw; What a great QRZ bio...... I love anything to do with railroads !!!! :)

Steve

9. N8AFT

N8AFT Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks Steve ; Hope to hear you on 40m some time... 73 lane

10. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

That's a good encapsulation of the normally used ones. Take note, MNG. And don't overlook the unofficial QLF.