Q about pointing out an off site listing

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by K1SX, Sep 12, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. K1SX

K1SX Ham Member QRZ Page

I did some searching but didn't see an answer to this specific issue.

My community has put its sixties-era Civil Defense radios on a public auction site (not Ebay). Military radio collectors might be interested, but my only stake is to see my town get some money. Is there an appropriate place for this sort of post--where I identify what's there and put a link to the auction site? Given, that usually a post of a link to an off site auction is not allowed in the swapmeet.
    Dave K1SX

2. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Swapmeet Rules 11.1 addresses your inquiry.

K0UO likes this.
  3. K1SX

K1SX Ham Member QRZ Page

4. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member Number 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

In order to list anything for sale on QRZ, you must first obtain second factor authentication and once that is completed you must become ID verified. Once you have accomplished those two things you will have a green banner under your avatar which signifies that you have completed the process

It’s not hard to do and can be done very quickly. Once you have your ID verified status, you may list an offsite advertisement in the swap meet if you wish… However the listing must conform 100% to the QRZ rules. That means you must have photos of the actual items listed, must not ask for PayPal up charging , etc.

If you look at the sticky articles at the top of the swap meet forum, there are full and simple instructions on how to do these things. It sounds more complicated than it is.

Good luck!!

Dave
    W7UUU

Ps: You will not be able to post anything in the swap meet section until you were ID verified. So there’s no concern worrying about the moderators… We cannot see what you cannot post!

5. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Oooops, you're right, it is 4.11.1 and it is on point. It defines exactly what needs to be in the QRZ ad with a link to another site. But first, you need to be ID Verified per W7UUU's post in order to post a for sale ad.

6. K1SX

K1SX Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm verified, but the question remains: Where, if anywhere, is it appropriate to post a link to an auction, where I am not the seller? Just me maybe, but I could see where you wouldn't want these kind of posts to clutter the swapmeet.

7. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member Number 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

If YOU are not the actual seller, there is really no proper place here to advertise for an off-site listing.

thanks for asking

Dave
    W7UUU

8. KB2SUJ

KB2SUJ Ham Member QRZ Page

While I fully understand QRZ's position on external sales (I would not permit it if I were in charge), this stuff might be pretty cool to see. I wonder if a link can be had just to see the stuff ;) I tried to google search for it but I failed.

I recall as a kid, the CD depot in my grandmothers town was across the street from her house. One night, all the old curmudgeons (anyone over 20 was really, really old to me) were there, sipping on something and shooting the breeze. I saw radios, Geiger counters, drums of water, foodstuffs, radiation suits, gas masks. Everything was either yellow, brown or olive green.

9. K1SX

K1SX Ham Member QRZ Page

PM'd the link

10. KB2SUJ

KB2SUJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Such a shame I am not able to go to that auction. All sorts of stuff that would make my wife mad if I brought it home. The 'Yellow Communicator' is really quite nice. It just needs headphones with antennas built in. Too bad no Geiger counters. I need one of those.....