Python has some modules "Scipy" which provides a lot of MATLAB type functionality

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by KL7AJ, Dec 22, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KL7AJ

KL7AJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Python has some modules "Scipy" which provides a lot of MATLAB type functionality....and it's cheap....i.e. FREE.
    I've been learning a lot of the latest Scipy features, which will certainly be using up a lot of my disposable time...but that's okay....need to flap some neurons around in my old age. Stay tuned.

AG5DB likes this.
  2. K6ZX

K6ZX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

python + SciPy + (many, many other python packages) is a very cool and useful programming environment. If you are looking for a free/open source alternative to MATLAB do you know of Octave? Not to discourage use of python, but Octave is very close to MATLAB with the exception of a very small bit of functionality.

3. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I like Python.

It is best to protect your code.

[​IMG]

4. KL7AJ

KL7AJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, I have Octave on my Linux machine. It took longer to compile Octave than my entire kernel. HI. But it does work nicely too.

5. KK4NSF

KK4NSF Ham Member QRZ Page

I use the heck out of python nowadays.

The only thing I don't like is Idle's lack of line numbers and GOTO. Remember: If you don't know what real Spaghetti is, then you aren't a real programmer! :eek: :D

6. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

You'll love this: Check out INTERCAL, the statements COME FROM and GO AWAY.