Python has some modules "Scipy" which provides a lot of MATLAB type functionality

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by KL7AJ, Dec 22, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. KL7AJ

KL7AJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Python has some modules "Scipy" which provides a lot of MATLAB type functionality....and it's cheap....i.e. FREE.
    I've been learning a lot of the latest Scipy features, which will certainly be using up a lot of my disposable time...but that's okay....need to flap some neurons around in my old age. Stay tuned.

AE8W and AG5DB like this.
  2. K6ZX

K6ZX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

python + SciPy + (many, many other python packages) is a very cool and useful programming environment. If you are looking for a free/open source alternative to MATLAB do you know of Octave? Not to discourage use of python, but Octave is very close to MATLAB with the exception of a very small bit of functionality.

3. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I like Python.

It is best to protect your code.

[​IMG]

4. KL7AJ

KL7AJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, I have Octave on my Linux machine. It took longer to compile Octave than my entire kernel. HI. But it does work nicely too.

5. KK4NSF

KK4NSF Ham Member QRZ Page

I use the heck out of python nowadays.

The only thing I don't like is Idle's lack of line numbers and GOTO. Remember: If you don't know what real Spaghetti is, then you aren't a real programmer! :eek: :D

6. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

You'll love this: Check out INTERCAL, the statements COME FROM and GO AWAY.

7. NE4EB

NE4EB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Don't forget ABSTAIN.

K6CLS likes this.
  8. N3FTU

N3FTU Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Python and Jupyter notebooks is replacing everything.

9. AE8W

AE8W Ham Member QRZ Page

okokokok ... I want to download Python. Where do I want to download a Windoze version?

10. K7TRF

K7TRF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

https://www.python.org/downloads/

In addition to Scipy there's also Numpy which can be very useful for numerical analysis including large multi-dimensional array objects similar to Matlab.

AE8W likes this.