ad: ProAudio-1

PyLogJam

Discussion in 'Logbooks & Logging Programs' started by KE4ET, Mar 17, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
  1. KE4ET

KE4ET XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Jim, I'll be sending you an email shortly. There is only one version for all platforms.

Gerald KE4ET

2. KE4ET

I'm adding an update into 0.7.2 to allow receiving both a station and an operator callsign for a contact. PyLogJam already allows that for the user.

Gerald KE4ET

3. KE4ET

I have released 0.7.2 on the POTA Slack group. I'll be sending it out via email to known users (IE, Testers) in the next few hours. The update is important for Field Day.

Gerald KE4ET

4. KE4ET

I'm adding grid square optional entry to the Here and Notes fields.

Gerald KE4ET

5. KE4ET

I have released PyLogJam 0.8.0 to the Testers via email, and to the POTA crowd on Slack. In addition to Grid Squares, this release accepts an optional IOTA Island ID in the Here field, and has a number of other updates.

If you want a copy of the program to use (GPL license) and you are not on Slack, drop me an email.

Gerald KE4ET

6. KE4ET

I have released PyLogJam 0.8.1 to fix a bug in one case of handling signal reports. Since I was in that part of the code, I also added a new feature of accepting "n" and "N" in signal reports. So now you can type in 5nn if you want!

The new version has been sent out via direct mailing to the Testers, and is posted on Slack in the Parks On The Air #pota-logging channel.

Gerald KE4ET

7. KE4ET

I have released PyLogJam 0.8.2 on Slack POTA under the #pota-logging channel. This is a minor bugfix release, not critical, but if you are using the logger you might want to update.

If you are not on Slack and want a copy of the program to use, send me an email.

Gerald KE4ET

8. WF9Q

WF9Q XML Subscriber QRZ Page

What database are you using for this program?

9. KE4ET

It does not use a database. The program is not a general log keeper. It generates an ADIF format log file that you can submit to LoTW, POTA, etc. The program is specialized for the sorts of operations one would do when working portable - POTA, SOTA, WWFF, etc. What you do with the logfile after creation is up to you.

Gerald KE4ET

10. WF9Q

WF9Q XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you.