PyLogJam

Discussion in 'Logbooks & Logging Programs' started by KE4ET, Mar 17, 2021.

ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. AC3ED

AC3ED Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi,
    I would very much apprecate a copy of your program to Beta as I do POTA.
    AC3ED
    ftitus2@gmail.com

2. KE4ET

KE4ET XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'll be releasing 0.7.0 this week and will include you in the release.

Gerald KE4ET

3. KE4ET

PyLogJam 0.7.0 has been sent out to all the testers. If you are a tester and have not received your copy, please let me know and I'll resend! If you want to be a tester, ask here or on Slack and I'll get a copy to you. The program is free, released under the GPL license.

Gerald KE4ET

4. KY3M

KY3M Ham Member QRZ Page

KE4ET,
    I am interested in testing out your software as well. This appears to be exactly what I have been looking for, and somehow missed this. Thank you for your time and everything you are doing on this project. KY3M@yahoo.com

5. KE4ET

I'll be emailing it to you shortly.

Gerald KE4ET

6. KE4ET

I've been in the process of adding bandwidth data for a good chunk of all the modes and submodes supported by ADIF spec 3.1.2. There are literally hundreds of them! The vast majority of them are digital modes of course. Shortly I'll be modifying the code to use this data. When this is tested, I'll be releasing the update as 0.7.1. That will complete support for user entered modes and submodes, and allowable frequencies with respect to band boundaries. It will remove the last of the legacy band boundary code.

Gerald KE4ET

7. KE4ET

I will be releasing 0.7.1 within the next few days after more testing including the usual field test(s). This update has a significant bug fix for an error introduced in 0.7.0. It will be an important update for any PyLogJam user who manually enters a mode rather than a submode.

Gerald KE4ET

8. KE4ET

I am in the process of releasing PyLogJam 0.7.1. I HIGHLY recommend any users of the program update to the latest version.

If anyone wants to use the program for portable logging (POTA, SOTA etc) please ask!

Gerald KE4ET

9. KE4ET

I'm starting to take a look at having PyLogJam use the POTA Park ID to look up the grid square and state, and possibly even the GPS coordinates of the push pin, and have that data entered into the contacts. That might help with mapping applications for instance. What do you all think? Is that a feature you would like to have?

Gerald KE4ET

10. K0RGI

K0RGI Ham Member QRZ Page

I'll be hopefully doing my first POTA activation in a few weeks and would like to use your PyLogJam program. I'm not sure whether I'll be using a Chromebook running GalliumOS or an Android tablet for logging. If there are different versions for each platform, please provide both. Thanks and 73!

Jim - K0RGI