ad: RiaJairam-1

PUSHUP MAST-COUPLERS

Discussion in 'Ham Made Gear' started by KE1Q, Aug 6, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-2
  1. KE1Q

KE1Q Ham Member QRZ Page

Build a 30' Pushup EMT Mast with super strong joints every 5' for under $140; also 40 to 50 footers. Some additional cost will apply to the higher priced 1.9" OD Fence Rail mast material, if chosen.

Choose from either of these two mast materials:
    1. 1-1/2" EMT (1.740" OD, 16 gauge) OR
    2. 1.9" OD Fence Rail (pick from several wall thicknesses)

Both materials are LP items and prices will vary. You cut them into 5' sections and join them together with 8" HD DOM steel Couplers. This gives you a rugged and stiff joint every 5' of mast.

You can make your own 8" Couplers or buy from me in various stages of completion starting at $10 each per 8" blank.

It's all DIY with a little help from me. After completion the mast can be raised by two people using a pair of standoff brackets or my DIY Winch-It-Up Univ Mast Support.

EMAIL craig@bend-gard.com for an email package with material specs, pics, prices, condensed construction information and my thoughts. This economy package is NOT available from my website, www.bend-gard.com, though you will find lots of helpful and detailed info there.

Thank you, Craig, KE1Q IMG_1133-1.jpg IMG_1136-1.jpg IMG_1227-1.jpg IMG_0518.JPG

AG3Q and KP4SX like this.