ad: M2Ant-1

Pulling my hair out, Echolink disconnecting

Discussion in 'Echolink/IRLP Tech Board' started by KD0KMT, Dec 1, 2019 at 8:58 PM.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. KD0KMT

KD0KMT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Running windows 7, SP1. Firewall is off. Computer has a static IP configured, And the router is setup for port forwarding. the firewall test is successful, No issues. there.

Problem is, My node when sitting idle will loose the station list, and act like its not connected to the internet until I open and close the program. I occasionally get a "You've been logged off the server, There was an error" dialog. If I leave my node connected to our conference server, It works perfectly and stays connected. But if I disconnect from the node to try and go to another conference/node the station lists go away and I cant use anything.

So far, I've installed TeamViewer, and when it pulls this, I just remotely connect and restart. everything is okay again.

I am using a DSL Modem, I have DHCP enabled, the computer is assigned a static IP, and when echo link acts up, I can still use TeamViewer. So I don't like I'm actually loosing my connection. Does anyone have some insight??

2. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Just for jollies, try to run through a proxy server. I think your problem may not be in the shack, but out there in cyberspace.

3. KD0KMT

KD0KMT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I was under the impression proxy can not be used on SYSOP Because they have time limits. I did try this, However I wasn't sure if I was timing out, Or being kicked off the proxy.

4. KL7AJ

If you have a smart phone, you might try the Echolink app. It works very reliably...although it doesn't have quite as many features.
    In the meantime, let me look at all the configs on my Echolink on my laptop and see if there's anything you might have missed.

5. KL7AJ

Okay...have you tried each of the default echolink servers (under the Setup menu)?

6. K4DTM

K4DTM Ham Member QRZ Page

My experience with Echolink on Windows7, when there is no Stations List, the internet connect/service is insufficient